Spotify Connect

Hi, I’m having the same problem as well.

My system:

• Raspberry Pi 2B
  • Volumio 2.565
  • Volspotconnet2 0.9.1
  • Alientek D8 Dac Amp

What I have tried:

• Fresh install Volumio 2.565
  • Installed Volspotconnect2 0.9.1 via Volumio plugin page
  • Set Mixer to None

My problem:

• Can see “Volumio” as Spotify Connect device but can’t connect

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo journalctl -f -o cat -u volspotconnect2.service Started Volspotconnect2 Daemon. Started Volspotconnect2 Daemon. Stopping Volspotconnect2 Daemon... Stopped Volspotconnect2 Daemon. Starting Volspotconnect2 Daemon... Started Volspotconnect2 Daemon. vollibrespot v0.1.3 48346b7 2019-02-25 (librespot 57c9ab5 2019-02-22) -- Built On 2019-02-25 [Vollibrespot] : Failed to register IPv6 receiver: Os { code: 19, kind: Other, message: "No such device" } [Vollibrespot] : Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-b-dmwm.ap.spotify.com:4070" [Vollibrespot] : Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-b-n8jd.ap.spotify.com:4070" [Vollibrespot] : Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-b-lqr5.ap.spotify.com:4070" [Vollibrespot] : Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-b-ttxl.ap.spotify.com:4070" [Vollibrespot] : Connecting to AP "gae2-accesspoint-b-hlh7.ap.spotify.com:4070"

Same problem here too with the mixer error.

Can you post the exact steps you to reproduce you issue? I can’t seem to reproduce, but I think it’s because I am on an older version of Volumio.

Just wanted to report it …

Tried to install the Spotify Connect (0.9.1) plugin on RPi 3B+ via Volumio v.2.565 (newly flashed) GUI and got stuck at 70% during the installation of vollibrespot. Uninstall button did not work.
Reflashed Volumio v. 2.565. Tried to install 0.9.1 via SSH from github and again, got stuck at 70%.

Thanks,

John

Could you share the output of the logs when installation fails?
PS also github is on 0.9.3 right now…

cat /tmp/installog

Here it is (newly reflashed Volumio 2.565 and install using webUI):

volumio@volumio:~$ cat /tmp/installog
Launching a bash shell
Installing Volspotconnect2 dependencies
Configuration file doesn’t exist, nothing to do
Detected cpu architecture as armv7l
Supported device (arch = armv7l), downloading required packages
github.com/ashthespy/Vollibresp … v7l.tar.xz

And it’s good to know that the version on github is 0.9.3 … once the 0.9.1 had failed (above) I then installed from github via SSH. The installation of 0.9.3 was successful.

Thanks,
John

So how do i do this and will this solve the spotify connect issues?

(i’ m running 2 raspberry pi’ s with hifiberry dac plus, just had one showing up in spotify but not anymore)

github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … otconnect2
Can’t tell you if it will solve your issues without looking at logs to see what the issues are in the first place! :wink:

logs.volumio.org/volumio/61EvMse.html

I had installed Volumio clean and SC2 clean. All I did was initial setup w line out and WiFi. Have tried messing w mixer settings w no luck.

Looks like your setup is failing quite early, and even before hitting SC2?

# cat /var/log/mpd.log ---------------
Mar 15 02:50 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Apr 02 12:03 : client: [0] opened from local
Apr 02 12:03 : exception: No such directory
Apr 02 12:03 : client: [1] opened from 127.0.0.1:52638
Apr 02 12:03 : exception: Failed to read mixer for 'alsa': no such mixer control: PCM
Apr 02 12:05 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Apr 02 12:05 : client: [0] opened from local
Apr 02 12:05 : client: [1] opened from local
Apr 02 12:05 : client: [1] opened from 127.0.0.1:52836
Apr 02 12:05 : exception: Failed to read mixer for 'alsa': no such mixer control: PCM
Apr 03 11:51 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Apr 03 11:51 : client: [0] opened from local
Apr 03 11:51 : client: [1] opened from 127.0.0.1:60800
Apr 03 11:51 : exception: Failed to read mixer for 'alsa': no such mixer control: PCM

Hmmm…no idea what PCM is. Guess I’ll try another fresh install and get back to you.

Fresh install and no luck. logs.volumio.org/volumio/9ZcEFm5.html

Steps:
1 factory reset
2 initial config
3 installed SC2
4 Updated to latest Volumio

Maybe this is a Volumio bug and not SC2?

Apr 15 21:47:02 volumio volumio[1391]: Invalid card number.
Apr 15 21:47:02 volumio volumio[1391]: Invalid card number.
Apr 15 21:47:04 volumio volumio[1391]: Invalid card number.

Yep, looks like Volumio it self isn’t setup properly…

Wow, weird. I just re-tried again, except this time completely wiped the SD card and everything. I guess Volumio must have a pretty serious bug.

logs.volumio.org/volumio/MyIEpSP.html

If I wanted to create a standalone thread for this, which errors should I focus the discussion on?

Again, looks like a Volumio/tinkerboard/USB DAC settings issue. I would go with the “Invalid card number”

For me, uninstall and install of this favourite plugin failed after updating the main system.

I fixed it by adding sh /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/install.sh and sh /data/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/uninstall.sh to the sudoers configuration files; for this, use

sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/volumio-user

(The commands are comma-separated.)

I guess other plugins might be affected as well, not sure if it is just because of enabling ssh access or for all users, and, I had not run an update in a while.

New to Volumio and this plug-in but I’ve seen references that play/pause should work. When I pause Volumio during a Spotify Connect session and “un-pause” (press Play), Volumio doesn’t resume playing anything. Is this expected functionality?

Yes, the main use-case of the connect plugin is to control Volumio via a native Spotify app. So the WebUI controls on Volumio are quite basic. Since we don’t add any track to the “queue” of Volumio, the pause is actually stop.
This gives up the sink to let Volumio take back control. So when you hit “un-pause” it should start playing what ever is the current track in the Volumio queue.

you need to understand that api is changed and you can see the bug report or error solution on the spotify forum

Non it isn’t. Removed…