Plugin Wish List

Quick Poll: what are the plugins you would like to see in the brand new Volumio2?

CD playback would be great, with potentially track name & album art lookup in some popular music db service

2 Likes

Just adding the current Plugin request from Github into the mix.

Podcasts (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/219)
Browse and be able to download podcasts straight into Volumio

Touchscreen Support (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/343)
A plugin to support common touchscreens

Wake on LAN for NAS devices (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/344)
Ability to send a magic packet to wake up NAS devices from Volumio

Bauer Crossfeed for Headphones (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/438)
Implement the Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP for headphone listeners

Spotify Connect Web (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/475)
Implement spotify connect web for switching between Airplay and Spotify Connect

Google Play Music (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/555)
Support Google Play Music like the Spotify plugin

Amazon Prime Music (github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/569)
Support Amazon Prime Music like the Spotify plugin

2 Likes

Squeezelite

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

i dont know if itā€™s a ā€œpluginā€ or another way of implementing this feature, but for those like me who use a usb disk with music stored on it (instead of reading from a NAS or a network drive), i would like to configure spindown time, and other hdparm parameters to have my disk rest a little while i leave volumio powered on 24/7.

regards
eric

1 Like

If possible ickStream would be nice, according to their site they support some other platforms:

2 Likes

Today I started off with a fork for Bluetooth A2DP streaming. While the install script seems to be pretty okay already, the actual pairing/communication is quite tricky since BlueZ5.
In addition, I still didnā€™t fully grasp the architecture of the plugin system. Is there any appropriate way to communicate with the other plugin devs, e.g. mailing list or something like that?

I would very much appreciate that, too. Already spent quite a while trying to get that running locally on Beta and RC1, but canā€™t get my drive to play without buffer underrun.

2 Likes

Thanks indeed for looking at that effort: hope Emixam or others may help: hopefully RC2 multiple fixes may have solved some of the reading performance issues tooā€¦

Maybe the thread could be moved to a plugin section nowā€¦

Hey all,
as I am almost ready to transfer to RC2 now, kudos for all the work you have put into this!

Maybe I should describe my setup before i note my suggestions: I have 2 Spots where i listen, my study with a PC-Audio, here I also manage my huge library, using Musicbee. After the music is tagged I copy it to the NAS (backup!) to our living room for general access. There Volumio is running 24/7 on a RasPi-NAS setup which is connected to the HiFi and controlled by Laptop or just Phone.

While thinking of what i really would like to see as plug-ins/features, first thing coming to my mind would be searching music by customizable filters like I do on my PC with Musicbee

Meaning i.e.Hey, itā€™s partytime, so please ā€˜show me all stuff thats genre Disco or R&B, only ratings >4ā€™

Next thing would be a freely configurable interface with customizable views on my library. One thing i really like about my fav. mpd-client for the PC (Canata) is that you can group music fast and easy by albums/genre or whatever while viewing them in tiles and still can change the sorting a bit. Unfortunately just a bit, indeed. So, similar to the above mentioned search functions, some more stackable filters in views (group by alphabet / group by year / group by rating etc.) would make browsing a huge library so much easier.

First of all I hope I could express my thoughts well enough to get my message through and second I hope these wishes are not to preposterous (sp?) or just plainly crazy. If so forgive me please, Iā€™m just dreaming of the perfect system :slight_smile:

Tx again for your work, Blue

Itā€™s interesting. Is there any opened thread about this? Are you adapting ALSA driver in order to use A2DP or are you using pulseaudio? I successfully used pulseaudio + bluez with volumio 1.55 and A2DP.

I think some hardware button plugin would be nice. Then you only have to map the buttons to volumioā€™s button handling.
For instance if you press next, now I would map it to mpc next and that would not work if spotify is playing. This would also make ir remotes easier to add.

Something like that? https://github.com/tomatpasser/gpio-buttons

1 Like

Exactly that :smiley:

1 Like

general display plugin for diffenrent display types would be awesome
[] LCD 162 and 204 (44780 driver)
[
] OLED Display with different controllers (SSD1322, SSD1306ā€¦)
[*] and - as mentioned before - different Touchscreens

maype some extendable plugin which can be used witch different modulesā€¦
for oled maybe https://github.com/noopkat/oled-js
for 44780 driver? https://github.com/fivdi/lcd

i would love to help but iā€™m new to node.js but iā€™m a quick learner.
is the plugin api somewhere documented? all objects and so on?

best regards

paul

and last but not least a lirc plugin: 1st-setup.nl/wordpress/poduc ā€¦ or-nodejs/

paul

hi,

also, a play/stop with NFC cards would be nice ! letā€™s imagine also a webUI that allows to link a specific NFC tag to a particular playlist or folder.
that involves the possibility for a plugin to add a driver for a new hardware (usb?).
Is that possible at this time ?

Regards !

Volumio Share Center !!!
A plugin to allow the sharing of USB mount via smb (with read only /write option)
And a sharing via mini dlna (just enable and select folder to share)

1 Like

Oh yes!

1 Like

Sounds like fun but very niche.

This would be great I think many will love it. I believe this should be behind some form of login and then add most settings behind the same wall.

Spotify Connect

2 Likes