[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby kyle.m.anderson » Fri Oct 05 2018 14:39

Yes, I can use my receiver with the iPhone app. :P
I guess I am wondering what I should put in the settings - "TX-8050"?
Random avatar
kyle.m.anderson
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 03 2018 00:04

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby swinokur » Mon Oct 08 2018 19:30

Hi,
Sorry also for the delayed response. My house was under construction so there wasn't any gear running for a while. :)

I just installed the latest version of the plugin and the "model" field does exactly what I'd expect it to do.

thanks for adding that!



orderoftheflame wrote:Hi Swinokor,

I've raised a pull request on github, so hopefully it will be available to update within the UI shortly. Otherwise you can install manually from my fork:

https://github.com/orderoftheflame/volu ... yo_control

I've checked that it doesn't break for me, but as I don't have the same receiver as you, I can't be sure it fixes the problem for certain. Let me know if you get a chance to test it please. :)
Random avatar
swinokur
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 02 2018 01:12


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby swinokur » Mon Oct 08 2018 19:37

Kyle,
Is the TX-8050 not auto-discovered by the plugin? (My DTC-9.8 was not auto discovered, so I need to manually put in the IP address and model of the receiver in order for the eiscp control to work properly.)

If it is not being auto-discovered, put in the IP address and model.

Based on some hints found here:
https://github.com/miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp/issues/33

Perhaps try "8050" as a model if "TX-8050" doesn't work?

kyle.m.anderson wrote:Yes, I can use my receiver with the iPhone app. :P
I guess I am wondering what I should put in the settings - "TX-8050"?
Random avatar
swinokur
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 02 2018 01:12


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Mon Oct 15 2018 14:43

swinokur wrote:Hi,
Sorry also for the delayed response. My house was under construction so there wasn't any gear running for a while. :)

I just installed the latest version of the plugin and the "model" field does exactly what I'd expect it to do.

thanks for adding that!

No worries at all! :)

kyle.m.anderson wrote:Yes, I can use my receiver with the iPhone app. :P
I guess I am wondering what I should put in the settings - "TX-8050"?


Hi Kyle, sorry about the slow response (I'm terrible and I often forget to check the forums). :shock:

I'd have thought the TX-8050 would be auto-discoverable? If not, does it show up in the list of receivers?

Otherwise as Swinokur says, try putting the IP in (the port should be fine), and see if it works. :) If not maybe "TX-8050" or "8050" as the model?

If not I might need to see the logs for if there's an obvious error?

The worst part about this plugin is not being able to check all the different amps myself, and just hoping it works for everyone else. :lol:
Last edited by orderoftheflame on Mon Jan 21 2019 10:04, edited 2 times in total.
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Tue Nov 20 2018 11:04

orderoftheflame wrote:Hi Swinokur,

I've raised a pull request on github, so hopefully it will be available to update within the UI shortly. Otherwise you can install manually from my fork:

https://github.com/orderoftheflame/volu ... yo_control

I've checked that it doesn't break for me, but as I don't have the same receiver as you, I can't be sure it fixes the problem for certain. Let me know if you get a chance to test it please. :)


This pull request was accepted into the main volumio-plugins project today it seems, so it should be available as an update/fresh install through the volumio UI now. :)
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby tER299 » Tue Apr 23 2019 13:36

Risking the possibility to come off as being entitled, but would it be possible to add the possibility of starting Zone 2 of the Onkyo receiver? Looking at the node-eiscp package, this should be possible and relatively straight-forward (and I wouldn't mind doing it myself/helping if I knew were to start). In any case, thanks for plugin, it works great!
Random avatar
tER299
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 23 2019 13:21


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Tue Apr 23 2019 14:12

tER299 wrote:Risking the possibility to come off as being entitled, but would it be possible to add the possibility of starting Zone 2 of the Onkyo receiver? Looking at the node-eiscp package, this should be possible and relatively straight-forward (and I wouldn't mind doing it myself/helping if I knew were to start). In any case, thanks for plugin, it works great!


Interesting. :) I wasn't aware of this.

My amplifier doesn't support it, :( so I don't think I'll be able to give it a go reliably and test it. But please feel free to look at it and make a pull request:

https://github.com/orderoftheflame/volu ... yo_control

I'd be more than happy to pull your change in if you do get a chance to look into it. :)
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK

Previous

Return to Development talks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests