[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby SonosKiller » Thu Jun 21 2018 07:26

:D

Works fine

God damn it , it's nice to be surrounded by gifted people!
Random avatar
SonosKiller
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jun 26 2016 11:41

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Thu Jun 21 2018 12:12

SonosKiller wrote::D

Works fine

God damn it , it's nice to be surrounded by gifted people!


Ha, I wouldn't go that far!

I'm just glad someone else can get some use out of it. :)
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby SonosKiller » Thu Jun 21 2018 19:49

I wouldn't go that far!


Sorry if I embarrassed You :lol:
but maybe can we also give them other developers some credit of my statement ;)
The whole Volumio project is totally amazing :D
Random avatar
SonosKiller
Objectivist
Objectivist
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jun 26 2016 11:41


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Fri Jun 22 2018 08:06

SonosKiller wrote:
I wouldn't go that far!


Sorry if I embarrassed You :lol:
but maybe can we also give them other developers some credit of my statement ;)
The whole Volumio project is totally amazing :D


Ha, not at all. And I can definitely agree that Volumio is amazing!
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby swinokur » Sat Aug 04 2018 18:38

Hey there,
I added an 'issue' in github, but I'll post here as well. (https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins/issues/247)

My Integra/Onkyo receiver is several years old. It is controllable via eiscp, but clearly is a bit different than perhaps some of the other models out there.
- it doesn't support auto-discovery
- it needs the "model" string in connectionOptions:
Without the "model" string, eiscp tries to discover the receiver type, and since this receiver doesn't support auto-discovery eiscp never finishes connecting and so no commands are successful.

This allows the plugin to work:
Code: Select all
/data/plugins/miscellanea/onkyo_control/index.js:

    socket.on('pushState', function (state) {
        if (self.running) {
            var connectionOptions = {
                reconnect: false,
                send_delay: 5000,
                verify_commands: false,
                model: "DTC-9.8"
            };


Could "model" be added to the GUI? If a user is manually specifying the IP address (i.e. no auto-discovery) they probably need to manually specify the model as well.

thanks!
Random avatar
swinokur
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 02 2018 01:12


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby Berry » Sat Aug 04 2018 19:56

Thanks, works perfect with Onkyo's CR-N765!
Random avatar
Berry
Audiophile
Audiophile
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 31 2017 17:43
Location: GER


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Fri Sep 21 2018 16:35

swinokur wrote:Hey there,
I added an 'issue' in github, but I'll post here as well. (https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins/issues/247)

My Integra/Onkyo receiver is several years old. It is controllable via eiscp, but clearly is a bit different than perhaps some of the other models out there.
- it doesn't support auto-discovery
- it needs the "model" string in connectionOptions:
Without the "model" string, eiscp tries to discover the receiver type, and since this receiver doesn't support auto-discovery eiscp never finishes connecting and so no commands are successful.

This allows the plugin to work:
Code: Select all
/data/plugins/miscellanea/onkyo_control/index.js:

    socket.on('pushState', function (state) {
        if (self.running) {
            var connectionOptions = {
                reconnect: false,
                send_delay: 5000,
                verify_commands: false,
                model: "DTC-9.8"
            };


Could "model" be added to the GUI? If a user is manually specifying the IP address (i.e. no auto-discovery) they probably need to manually specify the model as well.

thanks!


Hi Swinokur. I've been a bit out of the world lately, so missed this. :) I'll try to take a look at it when I get a chance.

Berry wrote:Thanks, works perfect with Onkyo's CR-N765!


Thanks! Glad to hear it. :)
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Sun Sep 23 2018 13:00

Hi Swinokur,

I've raised a pull request on github, so hopefully it will be available to update within the UI shortly. Otherwise you can install manually from my fork:

https://github.com/orderoftheflame/volu ... yo_control

I've checked that it doesn't break for me, but as I don't have the same receiver as you, I can't be sure it fixes the problem for certain. Let me know if you get a chance to test it please. :)
Last edited by orderoftheflame on Mon Jan 21 2019 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby kyle.m.anderson » Wed Oct 03 2018 00:06

Awesome plugin!!

Any idea for the correct verbiage for my receiver? I have an Onkyo TX-8050 - Thanks!
Random avatar
kyle.m.anderson
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 03 2018 00:04


[PLUGIN] Onkyo Controller

Postby orderoftheflame » Thu Oct 04 2018 12:41

kyle.m.anderson wrote:Awesome plugin!!

Any idea for the correct verbiage for my receiver? I have an Onkyo TX-8050 - Thanks!



Thanks. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by verbiage?

I'm not sure of the age of the TX-8050 though if you can turn it on with Onkyo app, I'd expect it to work okay. Unfortunately I've only been able to test on my CR-N755, but I'm happy to look into any problems you've got. :)
Random avatar
orderoftheflame
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 16 2017 06:41
Location: Newbury, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Development talks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest