NXP1334A DAC support

I found this chip ( NXP1334A / UDA1334 ) in use by modules from AdaFruit and RaspiAudio

It does work with Volumio under the Hi-Fi Berry DAC choice, but there is no volume change.

I have been using it already under Raspbian with Clementine for a few weeks. However, the implementation with VOLUMIO doesn’t give me a volume control option like I have with Clementine. There is mention of how to correct it within Raspbian on the AdaFruit site. I have not tried it yet.

Why do you open 2 thread for the same question?
I removed one…
For your volume mixer, are you sure this dac supports hardware volume control ? If no, you need to set a software volume mixer.

The part is just a DAC without onboard features like a volume control.

However, the software volume in Volumio does not work with it either. [edit: by this, I had meant the volume ‘knob’ on the screen]

I posted in Dev so someone different might notice that it is not listed in the device selection list within the software even though this DAC does work with the HiFiBerry setting. This forum category is to document working items but it isn’t stated to be a to-do list. So, both places seem appropriate.

Edit: Correction. Under Playback options -> Volume Options, pick Mixer Type -> Software. It works nicely now.