"Next X86" dev (Kernel/ Hardware/ Debian stretch/buster)

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby gkkpch » Mon Dec 30 2019 00:17

guys,
I do not issue new versions anymore, feedback was good, some have been taken care off, issues re. some graphics cards are open (like amd vega), others were solved.
We’re now sorting out typical, internal building things, a new version will come soon, after the holidays, but no ETA to avoid disappointments.
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby direwolff » Mon Jan 20 2020 00:01

gkkpch wrote:About a dozen links have been forwarded and the outcome has been very good so far.
Changes/additions have already been implemented.
For the remaining testers I would like to ask for feedback with a list from lshw and dmidecode in case of issues.

May I please test?

Xeon E-2176G Processor, 64GB Ram, Asus WS C246 Pro Mobo. I will run Volumio as a VM in the server. It will have a pinned, dedicated CPU core.

Audio path is NAS>Volumio>Nvidia GT 710 HDMI Out > Marantz AV8805 Preamp for digital decoding. I wish to listen to multichannel audio and have all of the analog begin in the Marantz.

The current release kernel and base system seems to be lacking the needed drivers to operate that video card properly. Thank you! I'm happy to test and provide feedback
Random avatar
direwolff
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby gkkpch » Fri Feb 14 2020 20:33

Note, this topic has been closed
Meanwhile a new X86 version based on Debian Buster has been introduced as Beta.
Please refer to volumio-x86-debian-buster-debugging-party-beta

====================================================================================================================
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Previous

Return to Development talks