New projects from ALLO

Hello everyone ,

just wanted to announce publicly what we are working on for a while now.

The BOSS , a master DAC with PCM 5122 ( NDK clocks on board). They should be ready for independent testing in 2 weeks. Best bang for the buck.

Second the galvanic isolator HAT. It will work with both master and slave DACs. Needs a extra power supply (we recommend battery ) but has DC jack as well.

Third , relay attenuator . It will work as stand alone and for our DACs exclusively . Attenuate volume in hardware using Susumu low noise resistors.

Forth ---- Hiend DAC made by allo. An R2R Dac with 0.01% resistors and reclocking circuit. At about 150$ it will be a game changer. Mark my words. Please be patient on it since we want to make it right .

Oh yeah, we have a 5 project. I call it the Digiless. A recloaked Spidif output with galvanic isolation that will have 4ps (max) measured at output. Noise under 10mV .To be used for transport (a la microrendu)

Enjoy the music

Wow… i follow you with interst. I like your products, maybe a new dac… hummmm :slight_smile:

Another ?? We dont want to sell to you anymore. :smiley:

No worries Marcello we will keep you in the loop.

sounds like some interesting goodies coming. :mrgreen:

i like the sound of project 5 digiless especially it can be used with a SOtM sms-200 . :smiley:

I know Allo… is like a good wine… i cant resist LOL
And im preparing a new testing rig :slight_smile:

Hey there I am quite new to this all but your products sound interesting especially the galvanic isolator HAT.
will it be USB High Speed compatible?
I assume it would also work with an Odroid C0/1/2

If yes and the price is right I would be down for a few :slight_smile:

Cheers

How do you like the 3050’s? I’ve got a set of 3020’s and a sub, but really would like a set of floorstanders…

Great soundstage Yatsushiro, ive got the 3050 for a week and i think that they will sing better after one month burning in…
Very important where you place the speaker… or miss the basses.
Anyway… they plays very well with kingrex and pre and are very good and dynamic with Allo Volt + i jave got.
For now im happy :slight_smile:

Think I’ll go down and audition a set this weekend, and take my TDA7498 Class D amp with me. Is that a bass port bung on top of the speaker?

I think that this will replace the SOtM sms 200…

Small update. BOSS is in the hands of a few reviewers.

Mass production will start in a week.

Allo, what’s the difference between piano 2.1+kali and the boss? I think ill wait for your next Hiend dac :wink:

Boss is a Master Dac…basically it has its own clock on board.
Piano is a slave DAC, so it takes the clocks (from RPI/Sparky or Kali)

Boss is in fact is like having a Kali + Piano . However Kali is always useful you will be able to use it for any dac that comes out in the future (from ALLO or others)

Since the clocks are on board for Boss we could match the impedance etc more tightly . We measured jitter in femtoseconds .
Second we used PPS films in the analog Avdd and a supercapacitor.

Boss is a different (cheaper) take on solving the RPI clock problems. Even though , in my opinion , the sound quality is better on the BOSS than Kali + Pianos that comes with the fact that you will have less flexibility .

It seems very good. But i dont have money enought for all dacs in Allo market… im waiting for your new hiend (and definitive) dac :slight_smile:

Seems like a good choice. If you have already Kali + Pianos (or some other slave DAC) it might not be worth to buy the BOSS.

Pardon my curiosity but why the supercapacitor? If there was a requirement for a sudden surge in power, such as an amplifier dealing with transients that really need to move a speaker cone then I could sort of see what you’re attempting but… This is simply signal processing; where is the requirement for transient power?

This is for the analog part of the DAC IC… there are transients

Small update, we are in the process of making a new DAC…actually not new based on the BOSS …called Mini Boss for RPI Zero

Great! When do you plan to make the Boss available? And will it be compatible with Volumio right away? And with the Volt?
Thanks!