NEW FEATURE Bluetooth A2DP Audio Playback v.2.657

WOW, and there it is.
The NEW FEATURE for Bluetooth support it there. Many thanks to everyone involved.
After updating i was searching through the UI for an on/off BT button. but nothing.
so i tried t o pair from phone. I found a new device for pairing. So, this was easy.
Then i played some music. the music stops and cracks some times. and i had to reconnect some times.
(just 1-2 meter away from player)
There is no info on UI that BT is now connected and played.
I am using a RPI3B with WLAN.
For first time it’s OK, but i really hope this feature is getting optimized in future.
What experience do you have with the bt function?
Thanks again, judydudi.

1 Like

… much better experience with my RPI3A+.
UI shows albumart, track length, etc from played track and BT sign.
much better distance, now about 7 meter in good quality sound.
happy with it :slight_smile:

Dont want to connect from my cell phone.
Cant coummunicate it says.Sone Xperia Z2.
Also had to disable Brutefir to get sound in main system.
RPI 3B Khadas Tone Board.

volumio[971]: info: Could not detect Primo: Error: Command failed: aplay -l | grep es90x8q2m-dac-dai-0 volumio[971]: info: Could not detect Primo: Error: Command failed: aplay -l | grep es90x8q2m-dac-dai-0 volumio[1179]: Parse error on line 221 in file "/data/configuration/audio_interface/brutefir/volumio-brutefir-config": volumio[1179]: Unknown sample format. volumio[1203]: Parse error on line 221 in file "/data/configuration/audio_interface/brutefir/volumio-brutefir-config": volumio[1203]: Unknown sample format. volumio[971]: info: [1571470187468] ControllerSpop::pushError(SyntaxError: Unexpected token s in JSON at position 0)

The device is open for others. Don’t wanna my neighbor to connect his device to my Volumio. Volumio accepts all requests. :frowning:

Yes, this feature should be disabled by default. An enable and a pairing button should be there at least.

Oof I didn’t realise that this was on by default and allows any connection!! That’s very worrying