New Dac suggestion to try

So I have been running the following for a while now -
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

I also have run it with the following but usually use this one on my PC with my headphones - HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC ES9023

Looking to try something in place of the HifiBerry.

Suggestions? If you were running the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro what did you try out next and why?

Thanks

Chad

I went from the HFB DAC+ Pro to an Orchard Audio ApplePi DAC. I liked the layout of the board, I liked that @Michelangelo reviewed it very positively, and I saw the cost as a useful top-end to RPi HAT purchasing. Much more than $200 and one might as well get a Chord MoJo(or similar standalone hifi DAC) and be done with it.

The ApplePi took a little time to run-in but the overall effect is to have more music than the HFB. Our speakers are an old design and really quite inefficient, although the drive units are all in very good condition. I’ve found that at low volumes (late evening, for instance), the HFB and OA DACs sound very similar. When you open the volume up, the OA strides away in terms of the richness of the music that’s presented.

Don’t personally see a need to experiment further when this setup works so well for me… YMMV

Update - I tested my Raspberry pi/PiCore Player - hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/9018-dac.
I compared the above against the hifiberry.com/shop/boards/h … y-dac-pro/ in same setup and still prefer the ESS dacs. Looking to upgrade form the 9018 with the Pi setup. Suggestions on which ESS to upgrade to. There is alot of options available today.