MyVolumio Feedbacks

The place where to discuss about MyVolumio features, find useful informations and express wishes on what you want it to be

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby michelangelo » Wed Jun 27 2018 23:12

Guys, we're eager to know what you think about it: whether it's good or bad!
michelangelo
Founder

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby Saiyato » Thu Jun 28 2018 09:40

I've downloaded the image, but obviously can't test till I get home (and have physical access to my SD card) ;)

Just one question, the builds are now out-of-sync, how far behind (or ahead) is the myVolumio image compared to 2.413?

Love the idea and I can image some streaming providers might want some extra assurances because of DRM protected material. So props for you guys!
Are we going to harden security as a whole now too? E.g. the wpa_supplicant hash fix seems pretty easy and you've asked for a PR, so I might be able to help at some point, if I'm not beaten to it by someone else. :roll:

I'll post back later on

Update: one last question, what news is there on multiroom and Spotify (new auth)? Will those changes be pushed only to the new images?
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby michelangelo » Thu Jun 28 2018 11:07

Thank you for the feedback Sayato!

I've added your question about difference in releases to our FAQs:
MyVolumio is just an add-on of Volumio, so it's currently built on top of 2.413. So every new build of MyVolumio will be based on the last release
available. Please note however that they will receive different updates from OTA updater.

About security: yes, we have some security enhancements in mind for the next months, and if you have PR ready about WPA supplicant hashes, that's more than welcome!

About multiroom and spotify: those are surely things that we can integrate into MyVolumio, and this is exactly the kind of feedbacks we're looking for to orient our development and future features addition!
michelangelo
Founder

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby burmar » Thu Jun 28 2018 11:49

Classic volumio version will be normally updated or will be dismissed?
Thanks Mike...
Random avatar
burmar
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby michelangelo » Thu Jun 28 2018 11:51

They will be regularly updated, and when MyVolumio will achieve stable operations it will be integrated into classic Volumio releases for all supported platforms

Added to FAQs
michelangelo
Founder

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby burmar » Thu Jun 28 2018 12:00

Great.... thnx!!! ;)
Random avatar
burmar
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby Anglepen » Thu Jun 28 2018 18:28

This is good news, I have no need for any extra features so the classic Volumio as it is is more than enough for me and I’d hate to have to move to another platform.
Random avatar
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby KoenV » Thu Jun 28 2018 20:25

I hope there will always be a version without myvolumnio additions even installed. While agree with the analysis of rise of cloud, there's equally a push for more privacy and self-hosting.
Random avatar
KoenV
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby rashdown_online » Thu Jun 28 2018 22:07

Just installed.

A MASSSIVE "ahhhh, nice" from me with the Qobuz integration.

That alone is it for me.

Perhaps there'll be improvements to the Qobuz navigation? The usual "most recent", "genres", etc. is missing (or I haven't seen it yet?).

If you might also introduce some kind of "discovery" capability (similar to Roon Labs) then you've got it nailed for me (with the way I'm all configured at the moment).

Thanks.

Roland.

Pi (Volumio) -> USB -> Audio-GD NOS11 -> Audio-GD Master-3 -> Linn Majik 109s
Random avatar
rashdown_online
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio Feedbacks

Postby bigbear2003 » Fri Jun 29 2018 04:24

To be honest, the free version is useless unless I am missing something.

The voucher code requires me to use my paypal or credit card is not good.
Random avatar
bigbear2003
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Next

Return to MyVolumio Talks