MyVolumio bug reports

The place where to discuss about MyVolumio features, find useful informations and express wishes on what you want it to be

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: MyVolumio bug reports

Postby MartinT » Mon Jan 07 2019 13:06

Ok, will do!

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
MartinT
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby Evenor » Mon Jan 07 2019 21:32

Hi,

I recently got Pro-Ject Stream Box s2 Ultra (that's supposed to be running a custom version of MyVolumio, right? ) and have been testing options for streaming. So far Qobuz seems to give slightly better sound quality for me than tidal through either Volumio or roon, but there are a lot of albums missing in Qobuz.

P.S. I am talking about albums that are available and can be played in the native qobuz apps.
Random avatar
Evenor
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby michelangelo » Mon Jan 07 2019 22:41

Yes the stream box S2 Ultra features the same engine we use in MyVolumio. BTW, nice choice, you got yourself one of the smartest streamers in the market (but I admit I am not really objective here...). How do you like it?
michelangelo
Founder

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby Evenor » Tue Jan 08 2019 10:54

I was on the fence about getting it or an Allo bridge for a few weeks because of the price difference but ultimately decided to get the Stream Box S2 Ultra. I'm very happy with the choice, and it's utility and convenience are top. USB pass through from PC, Bluetooth from phone for podcasts, built-in Internet radio, Tidal and music library through roon all gets sent to the DAC flawlessly. Tidal and Qobuz through the MyVolumio interface have really good sound quality but isn't quite there yet there for seamless playback and browsing yet. Gapless playback does not seem to work or be implemented yet for the streaming services etc but I would still be happy to use MyVolumio interface for most albums.

The sound quality is a small step up from using USB from Android phone USB with UAPP app and a lot better than straight from PC. The difference in sound quality is most noticeable when using Qobuz or local playback on great recordings like "Random Access Memories" by Daft Punk. The bass is a tighter and I can hear texture in the bass I couldn't hear before. The rhythm is more precise and clear. The sound from different instruments sounds more like separate instruments and gives a better sound stage. I don't have many any other great sources available and I don't have much to compare to but there is a great review by Hans Beekhuyzen here that compare it to other sources: https://youtu.be/7CX-pZRhbtI
Random avatar
Evenor
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby MartinT » Tue Jan 08 2019 19:57

michelangelo wrote:Reload the UI ;)

Thanks, hi-res icons now showing.

Is there something wrong with showing Spotify playlists? I get a blank screen when trying to see mine.
MartinT
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby michelangelo » Tue Jan 08 2019 20:41

Spotify requires a different login to show your playlist, see
help-needed-test-spotify-plugin-with-oauth-t10071.html
michelangelo
Founder

Tidal lists with undefined song

Postby peppe » Wed Jan 09 2019 12:47

I have noticed a strange behaviour when tidal playlist contains undefined or if I search for an album that Tidal reports that it is not available for streaming. If i search for Dire Straits Alchemy album in the Tidal app shows that not all songs are available for streaming. If I do the same in Volumio it will start playback from my local music. In my case it will always play Alabama Shake. I am bit puzzled by this, but it is not a big issue since I like Alabama Shakes :D .
I suspect that Volumio is not able to handle the "not available " message from Tidal, but how come that local music is played instead. Volumio on version 2.522
Random avatar
peppe
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby michelangelo » Wed Jan 09 2019 17:13

We've just fixed this behaviour (available on next release), and well... I also love alabama shakes!
michelangelo
Founder

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby peppe » Fri Jan 11 2019 12:31

michelangelo wrote:We've just fixed this behaviour (available on next release), and well... I also love alabama shakes!

Brilliant, thanks for the fix
Random avatar
peppe
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

MyVolumio bug reports

Postby MartinT » Fri Jan 11 2019 21:24

michelangelo wrote:Spotify requires a different login to show your playlist, see
help-needed-test-spotify-plugin-with-oauth-t10071.html

Thanks, now working.
MartinT
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

PreviousNext

Return to MyVolumio Talks