Mount of CIFS/SMB shares, volumio beta1 RP

I can’t connect to my SMB/CIFS based NAS at home with my RaspberryPI and volumio beta1.
I have seen that the package “cifs-utils” is not installed into the system. So i logged on via ssh and did

sudo apt-get install cifs-utils

(please don’t forget to add cifs-utils to next release :slight_smile: )
After that, at every attempt to mount my CIFS share, I get the error:
mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
and dmesg says that

[   58.329129] CIFS: Unknown mount option "noatime"
[  109.563671] CIFS: Unknown mount option "noatime"

Googling around, I can find other people saying that noatime is non longer working cifs on kernels 3.4 and above. But I can’t find official info.

As a workaround i removed noatimes from options in /var/www/sources.php line 85, rebooted, and now it works.

Yes, I know that… For some reasons however, even removing the noatime option, samba works really bad if smbd and cifs coexists… I’m trying to fix that…
Is it working normally for you? Maybe better to use only cifs? What you think?

After 3-4 days of moderate use, I can say that… it works :slight_smile:. But no deep testing has been done. I use cifs as client to access my NAS for .mp3 files, and I used smbd just one time to update the radio station list.

I am experiencing problems with samba and latest volumio.

I have set up a shared folder in my linuxmint installation which is normally usable from my windows 7 laptop. When trying to setup this share in Volumio it never manages to set up the new entry and after that i am not able to navigate to volumio pages apart from the playback one (i cant access settings etc.).

Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

I finally managed to get it working. It seems that when the settings of the share are wrong, my Volumio box crashes and i cannot get it functional again, but when settings are ok streaming from the share is ok.