Mass "shuffle" button

What you want to find in next Volumio release?

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Mass "shuffle" button

Postby Undefinition » Tue May 19 2020 19:13

One of my favorite features of Plex is the shuffle button that displays on the main page. Oftentimes, I don't know exactly what I want to hear. So I hit the shuffle button on the main page, and it just randomly picks stuff from my massive library.

Is there any way to create this feature in Volumio? As far as I can tell, the only way to really do a "shuffle" playlist is to actually select the songs I want first (by album, artist, whatever), then hit the shuffle button. That's OK, but I have thousands and thousands of songs in my library--making aplaylist of that seems like it would take hours, if not days. Plus, what happens each time I add more songs to my library?

Anyway, just a killer feature I'd love to have. Overall, I like Volumio a lot, and think it does a lot of things right. Thanks for the hard work so far.
Random avatar
Undefinition
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Mass "shuffle" button

Postby Anglepen » Fri May 22 2020 06:23

Massive +1 from me for this
Anglepen
Objectivist
Objectivist

Mass "shuffle" button

Postby pwstereo » Fri May 22 2020 07:16

Last time I looked you can't do it with the music libray, but you can do it with a playlist.
So what I do is make a playlist that includes the whole music library "All Music", then you can play that playlist with shuffle on.
pwstereo
Audiophile
Audiophile

Return to Suggest a feature