manual plugin install issue

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Josh2000 » Thu Dec 12 2019 18:07

Hi devs,

I do "heavy" testing nearly all day and - in a second stage - also on the "inofficial" plugins. I did a script to install these - but it is broken by asking me if i want to activate it since the new (appreciated) feature to activate it after successful install at the GUI.

Unfortunately there is no reaction to input of "n" "y" "yes" "no" "Y" "N" Yes" "No" - the only way to get further is [CTRL]+[C] but this is also cancelling my script.
An option like "volumio plugin install -n" --- or -y would be very helpful for my many test setups to be automated again.
Sorry if i should have missed something in the docu.

Best Regards
Josef
Josh2000
Objectivist
Objectivist

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Projektseminar4 » Mon Feb 10 2020 03:34

Hi Josef,

have you found a solution to it yet? This is also relevant for us to be able to create one, simple to use install script for various dependencies and plugins.

Thanks,
Andrés
Random avatar
Projektseminar4
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby michelangelo » Mon Feb 10 2020 08:13

Josh2000 wrote:Hi devs,

I do "heavy" testing nearly all day and - in a second stage - also on the "inofficial" plugins. I did a script to install these - but it is broken by asking me if i want to activate it since the new (appreciated) feature to activate it after successful install at the GUI.

Unfortunately there is no reaction to input of "n" "y" "yes" "no" "Y" "N" Yes" "No" - the only way to get further is [CTRL]+[C] but this is also cancelling my script.
An option like "volumio plugin install -n" --- or -y would be very helpful for my many test setups to be automated again.
Sorry if i should have missed something in the docu.

Best Regards
Josef

Good idea, on our todo list
michelangelo
Founder

Return to Development talks