I'm looking for the i2s dac with better bass (subbass)

Hello everyone, I’m in a new project (two-channel active speakers with two i2s dacs, one of them for frequencies below 200hz and the dac philips tda1541A from 200hz to 20,000hz).

I would like to know your opinion about the dac that has better subbass/subwoofer.

It is possible that the i2s dac of which the most subwoofer has heard is Allo Boss, I wanted to know your opinion. Very important that it is i2s and in a single pcb, the system is going to be quite complicated as for Allo Katana type solutions.

Best regards

Jazz, I agree that the most “Bassy” I2S DAC as of now is the Boss

Thanks Michelangelo!

Unfortunately Allo boss can not connect to multichannel xmos usb device with i2s output. I’m going to try audiophonics sabre 9038q2m that if possible, a pity.

Yes I could connect the piano 2.1 with kali, but the sound is far (really far) from my fantastic dac philips tda1541A, and although it will only deal with the frequencies below 200hz, it is a matter of looking for a dac that is somewhat closer in sound quality.

On the other hand, I had not heard the second version of Boss, it’s really wonderful, especially the bass, a pity I can not use it in my project. it is also a pity that volumio does not support multichannel audio for usb, it could be used (with convolver plugin) to manage an active speaker system.

Best regards

You should try the Katana dac. The sound is much better, more ‘alive’ as compared to the Boss 1.2.