Logitec Media Server plugin for Volumio

Discuss, contribute and orient Volumio development!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Saiyato » Sat Sep 16 2017 12:58

Hi Dominique,

First start takes a few seconds, in the case of a Pi1 maybe even a minute.
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby dominique-tanguy » Sat Sep 16 2017 13:16

Success!

After restarting, it works!

Great!

Dominique
dominique-tanguy
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby Saiyato » Thu Sep 28 2017 12:28

This particular problem has been solved, I needed to reload the systemd unit. Latest version has an updated installation script.
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby danielfelix » Sat Dec 23 2017 01:34

Hello Saiyato, I installed the Logitech Media Server plugin, I can enter mylocalhost:9000 and see the LMS web console, I connect to my account but I do not see the Volumio Player.
I am doing something wrong?
Regard

Daniel
Daniel
RaspberryPi3 + Allo Boos DAC + Amp. Kenwood KA-400 + Focal Chorus 726 + Linear Power Unit DIY
danielfelix
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby Saiyato » Mon Dec 25 2017 00:33

No, it's just the "normal" LMS application. I'd say your player can reach the server.
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby capstan62 » Mon Nov 25 2019 11:34

Saiyato wrote:This particular problem has been solved, I needed to reload the systemd unit. Latest version has an updated installation script.

Hi Sayato

first of all, thank you for the LMS plugin for Volumio. It works like a charm into my system.
I am running Volumio having the entire music library into a 128GB card and it is stunning everything can be run from such a little box. Also multi-room synchronisation is amazing. I have been able to revamp my old Squeezebox Boom to be part of the family.

I like especially library management and the way LMS allows randomisation of playback, that is where I have always perceived limitations on Volumio UI approach. That is something to be sent to Michelangelo for suggestions for future Volumio features.

Now to the main question.
I have setup the LMS and Squeezelite to stream audio straight to my Topping D10 DAC in a way that seems compatible with bit-perfect playback. The setting is the one that "does not process the audio stream" (I report this by heart since I have not Volumio at hand right now). Bitrate are switched reflecting the original media sampling frequency. Perfect.

Given the D10 allows for hardware 32 bit volume control, I would like to know if the volume control in the LMS UI allows for direct control of the hardware volume in the ESS chip - as it happens in Volumio or Daphile - or the stream is processed in software, that is something not ideal for me of course.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind reply.
Alessandro.
capstan62
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Saiyato » Thu Nov 28 2019 21:33

Hi Alessandro,

To be honest, I'm not sure, my best guess would be that LMS would influence the volume and not the client. But I haven't tested this ;)

I'm also not sure how I could test this, since I'm not too familiar with the Squeezelite client. I'll see if I can test it with my Duet instead. That should answer the question if LMS is able to influence the volume of a client. Then we only need to confirm this for the Squeezelite client. :)

Cheers
Just.Love.Music.
Saiyato
Golden Ear
Golden Ear

Postby capstan62 » Tue Dec 03 2019 11:19

Saiyato wrote:Hi Alessandro,

To be honest, I'm not sure, my best guess would be that LMS would influence the volume and not the client. But I haven't tested this ;)

Cheers

Thanks Sayato for your kind reply.

I have set hardware volume control since it is possible with my DAC.
By playing with Squeezelite and Volumio I see that both can control volume in a sort of "concatenation". So, if Volume is in hardware I think it is unlikely Squeeze can do the same, so it is likely a software processing. However it is possible to lock at 100% so this should prevent processing. Fine.

Now I have another question. For few days I have enjoyed the Volumio + LMS and Squeezelite a lot. I though to have found "the solution" for my audio system but... now I am experiencing a playback problem. Sometimes playback of a track stops after few seconds.

After some investigation it seems this happens only with Apple MP4 media (mainly I have ALAC). FLACs are not effected.
I have tried an external LMS server using Squeezelite on Volumio as playhead but behaviour is the same. It is driving me crazy!

Hope you can have a suggestion to fix this, it is quite frustrating. :cry:

Thank you and best,
Alessandro
capstan62
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to Development talks