Library update: Seems to crash Volumio on Raspi

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Torsten » Sat Apr 01 2017 18:49

Hi again,
I just updated two of my Volumio boxes to the latest Volumio2 . . . after adjusting the settings I did the last step and added my library as nfs mount.

Okay, it is around 1TB . . . .

The boxes seems to start the update but then the even disappear from the network. The WebUI shows the circling balls and that's it so far. No answer to ping . . . I tend to leave them alone for the night.
I am not exactly sure which Raspi Models I have there, I believe one is a Model B the other a B+.
Of course I cannot access them with ssh even if I try . . . there is no network connection.
Is it possible that the update uses all the resources the poor Raspi can provide

cheers
T
Torsten
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Torsten » Sat Apr 01 2017 18:52

ok. . .update: the WebUI now crashed/disappeared with the expected "host unreachable "message.

I modified the "library" to one folder/album only . . . same issue, after some time the connection just seem to collapse

Update:
I changed the mount to cifs now, as the nfs it mounts ( somehow) but when attempting to read the data Volumio dies . . . it seems that the connection stays for quite some time but then of course the ssh is closed as well.
Both Raspi boxes are connected to 100MBPS LAN . . .
The Raspi LEDs still show that there might be some activity but . . . .
Any ideas ?
Torsten
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby raha » Sun Apr 02 2017 16:23

--
Odroid C2 with Hifi-Shield
MPD Remote Android-App
Random avatar
raha
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby gkkpch » Sun Apr 02 2017 17:22

Issue #777 is a different problem, not related to what Torsten reported.
The alignment issue happens on armv7 (non-PI platforms) only and is being fixed right now.

-- Gé --
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Postby chsims1 » Mon Apr 03 2017 07:22

Would it be possible for you to look at the journal logs (sudo journalctl -b) and see if there are any reported problems. Alternatively, you can send the logs via the "dev" interface to the Volumio UI (192.168.x.xx/dev), including your username for reference.
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

Postby Torsten » Mon Apr 03 2017 09:19

Hi again,

jepp I will setup another box to get the log. Not quite understood what the "dev" interface actually is but I am sure I will figure it out once I have the Volumio2 installed again. ( I moved back to 1.55 for now ... since no music is not a solution ;) )

So, it might require some time . . .

cheers
T
Torsten
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby daniel » Mon Apr 03 2017 09:46

I have almost same problem with CuBox-i4Pro.

My NAS is detected and I added the library path. Than it scan it...(not a very big library)...Once finished scanning it collapses with turning icon wheel. When I refresh the browser it says "no connection" and I have to reboot Cubox.

I repeated this for several times.
Random avatar
daniel
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby gkkpch » Mon Apr 03 2017 10:09

Hi Daniel,
you probably have the above mentioned issue #777, which you can confirm when you are able to ssh into your cubox and do
Code: Select all
sudo journalctl -f
before you start scanning. When you look at the logfile, chances are that you will will find an error "Alignment fault".
In that case, the issue has been fixed and you need to wait a few days as we are generating a new cubox Image.

-- Gé --
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Postby Torsten » Mon Apr 03 2017 13:41

Well, I didn't figure it out to be honest.
I wanted to attach a log here instead but I was not allowed ( the extension blablabla is not allowed )
So how do I do this ?

cheers
T
Torsten
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby chsims1 » Mon Apr 03 2017 14:31

There is an option to upload attachments on the forum (at bottom of reply), but I don't know what limitations there are. You can cut and paste text as an alternative.

(The "dev" log thing is very simple, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Enter your normal IP address for Volumio, and add "/dev" to the end of it. This will take you to a page with various things, one of which is "Send a log").
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

Next

Return to Help