Khadas Tone Board

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Khadas Tone Board

Postby Yatsushiro » Wed Feb 13 2019 14:52

Berry wrote:Several cases reported here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-wesiontek-khadas-tone-board-dac.4823/page-42#post-147683, they marked wrong side the labeling and you cant See and longer the white LED!!! .... what a bummer Audiophonics.fr !!!! Shame on you!!

Berry wrote:Audiophonics now offers full refund for defective units, according to their notes on this forum ..... Good shop!!!!! :D :D

Turncoat ;)
Random avatar
Yatsushiro
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Khadas Tone Board

Postby gkkpch » Wed Feb 13 2019 20:38

So please guys, could we restrict ourselves to tone board issues in this thread?
With all respect for anyone’s efforts to warn people, it does not belong here, please post those complaints somewhere else. Better yet, complain to the supplier, that is how you can really contribute.
Any future offtopic will be removed.
Thank you!
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Khadas Tone Board

Postby Berry » Fri Feb 15 2019 15:41

I would like to delete my acct but can't find the switch. If you pls be so kind to let me know pls or directly delete my account?

Tvm.

switched from VolumIO to moodeaudio.org, its perfect!!
Last edited by Berry on Mon Mar 04 2019 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
Berry
Audiophile
Audiophile

Khadas Tone Board

Postby Yatsushiro » Fri Feb 15 2019 17:43

Berry wrote:I would like to delete my acct but can't find the switch. If you pls be so kind to let me know pls or directly delete my account?

Tvm.

:roll:
Random avatar
Yatsushiro
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Khadas Tone Board

Postby michelangelo » Fri Feb 15 2019 18:32

Berry wrote:I would like to delete my acct but can't find the switch. If you pls be so kind to let me know pls or directly delete my account?

Tvm.

I don't understand, if you need support for myvolumio, write us at info at volumio dot org
michelangelo
Founder

Khadas Tone Board

Postby angelo.b » Mon Feb 18 2019 12:00

Yatsushiro wrote:
angelo.b wrote:I'm hearing negative things about audiophonics. and also and dear.io khadas tone board I buy it directly in China .ci takes 20 days but costs 70 euros including shipping

Listen hard enough, in the right place, and you can hear negative comments on whatever you like, even Volumio!

It's tough having a choice between a European based seller, with stock, selling at €105, and a Chinese seller offering at €70 but 4 weeks shipping.

Since moving to France (last year) I have used Audiophonics on a number of occasions; mostly because they had what I want in stock, at a reasonable price, with mostly next day shipping. I've yet to have a problem with anything I've bought (including a KTB, a Boss Dac 1.2 and an Isolator 1.2. Should I have a problem, I am comfortable that it will be quickly and easily resolved.

As I opened with, be thankful you have a choice. Sometimes it's more than just the product at the cheapest price, it's the service that goes with it.

you're right.I decided to buy it in france.costa a little more but I'm quiet.I already a raspberry on the bench with encoder and plugin already installed. on the jack it does not work well and very uneven control. I suppose it's normal. just get the khadas I try right away. I hope it works. Because the driver they provide is not compatible with rotary encoder.
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Khadas Tone Board

Postby Yatsushiro » Mon Feb 18 2019 17:19

angelo.b wrote:
Yatsushiro wrote:
angelo.b wrote:I'm hearing negative things about audiophonics. and also and dear.io khadas tone board I buy it directly in China .ci takes 20 days but costs 70 euros including shipping

Listen hard enough, in the right place, and you can hear negative comments on whatever you like, even Volumio!

It's tough having a choice between a European based seller, with stock, selling at €105, and a Chinese seller offering at €70 but 4 weeks shipping.

Since moving to France (last year) I have used Audiophonics on a number of occasions; mostly because they had what I want in stock, at a reasonable price, with mostly next day shipping. I've yet to have a problem with anything I've bought (including a KTB, a Boss Dac 1.2 and an Isolator 1.2. Should I have a problem, I am comfortable that it will be quickly and easily resolved.

As I opened with, be thankful you have a choice. Sometimes it's more than just the product at the cheapest price, it's the service that goes with it.

you're right.I decided to buy it in france.costa a little more but I'm quiet.I already a raspberry on the bench with encoder and plugin already installed. on the jack it does not work well and very uneven control. I suppose it's normal. just get the khadas I try right away. I hope it works. Because the driver they provide is not compatible with rotary encoder.

Can you not use the OS hardware volume control, or a pot on a pre-amp or amp to control the volume?
Random avatar
Yatsushiro
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Khadas Tone Board

Postby angelo.b » Mon Feb 18 2019 20:05

I have to do a car system. The car amplifiers have no volume. I do not want the preamp. I have to put as few components as possible. then control volume either on the raspberry or on the dac
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Khadas Tone Board

Postby aconst » Wed Feb 20 2019 08:45

Hi All,

Do you know if the Khadas Tone Board can be connected directly to the RPi 40 pin connector running Volumio?

Thanks for the help!

Regards from Munich
Adrian
Random avatar
aconst
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Khadas Tone Board

Postby angelo.b » Wed Feb 20 2019 12:16

no.solo usb.se look at the documentation and find the right pins you can make the necessary connections with the raspberry.ma not a hat. but it does not make sense because the audio quality is always the same. and then if khadas tone board has no usb connected audio goes to spdif.questo socket and what I read around
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

PreviousNext

Return to DACs