Katana Dac by allo

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Katana Dac by allo

Postby PatrickB » Thu Mar 14 2019 17:45

SanjeevM wrote:You're right, this inadequacy of RPI is overcome by buying a reclocker.
Correct.

SanjeevM wrote: If you have ATB, you save money then.
I seriously doubt that. It doesn’t seems logical or cost effective to fit an SBC like the ATB with multiple audio grade crystals unless the board is specific aimed at audio usage. And as far as I am aware, that isn’t the case. Sure, maybe the clock is better than the one on the Pi, but that doesn’t make it suitable for audio.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Raspberry PI B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ (Audio-GD DAC) and NAD A/V receiver with Dali speakers.
Also working on a Pi 3A+ connected over USB to in-car DSP
PatrickB
Objectivist
Objectivist

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Katana Dac by allo

Postby Chris14 » Fri Mar 15 2019 16:58

SMPS will never be as good as a properly designed LPS. Also the price point for the 2 PSUs is different . At last the LPS has 2x5V output while SMPS will only have one.[/quote][/quote]

Any news on the LPS or Nirvana?

Glad to hear you are working on both power supplies. Do you have any impressions of how they perform on Boss or Katana players? I think there is a place for both types of psu, both need to be low noise and NOT pollute the AC mains supply. However, they need to be available so that we users can test them out with our various systems and feed our experiences back. It's not clear what the value equation is for improved psu's , it's going to differ depending upon the setup. There is an argument that a cheap SMPS is fine for a well built DAC.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... dacs.7021/

Just picked up on a reply by Johan in the linear power supply for DAC's thread....both supplies have been tested on their Katana dac, Looking forward to seeing real data and details!!
Random avatar
Chris14
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Katana Dac by allo

Postby angelo.b » Sat Mar 16 2019 17:55

hello everyone, I put myself in testa che I want a katana dac. for now I'm just experimenting on car audio.in future I will light a home system. so what doesn't work in the car I can always reuse it. I ask you I read the manual a little and it seems to me that the sq configuration requires three separate power supplies. in the car it does not need psu but simple dc dc converter.mi seems to have understood also that the only stage which foresees a +/- 15v and opamp.I come to the question .what happens if the opamp stage is powered by 2 A when it actually absorbs much less? the other two cards is okay to feed them at 5 volts 3 amps? I want to have clear ideas when it is here with me.
will the alternator make any noise according to you?
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Katana Dac by allo

Postby angelo.b » Thu Apr 11 2019 05:19

Is galvanic isolator necessary? what benefits from?
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Katana Dac by allo

Postby SanjeevM » Tue Apr 23 2019 14:58

All quiet !!
RPi3B / Boss DAC 1.2 on Linear PSU / 7in Waveshare Screen / TPA3255 Class-D on MW LRS-350 / Paradigm Monitor 11;
Random avatar
SanjeevM
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Previous

Return to DACs