Issue with first boot/USBridge

HI…
'Just bought a USBridge with DietPi installed on the emmc, and it seems to boot fine with that, and I can connect to it. I’d like to use Volumio, though, so I flashed the latest image for Sparky to an SD, installed it and rebooted. I get the Sparky splash screen, then maybe a dozen messages. Wait 10 minutes, but nothing changes, and I can’t connect to it. My router does not show that the device is connected (this is over Ethernet, not wifi). Tried rebooting, but no good (messages change slightly, but that’s it). Since DietPi boots, it seems that the problem isn’t with Sparky.

Can someone let me know what, I should be seeing on the screen if all is well (I do understand that Volumio is headless…just looking for some indicator of what the problem might be), or what I might be missing, or could try?

I’m planning to use a local USB hard drive to host my music files, but neither it nor the DAC is currently connected…could that be the problem?

Many thanx in advance…

Some more info…

I’m using a Sandisk 32B card. I’ve confirmed that the download is good, and have tried re-flashing the card. If I plug the card into a Windows PC, I see 3 partitions, and one of them is readable and contains 8 or so files.

Also, I did not remove the emmc card.

Thanx again.

Well, it looks like the nth time was a charm. It seems to be working now. Before flashing, I blew away all the partitions on the SD card. I would have thought that flashing would have just over-written the entire thing, but maybe not.

Thanks anyway.