Internet Radio Stations in Volumio

Discuss about Hardware diy and tweaks

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Internet Radio Stations in Volumio

Postby zambo » Tue May 13 2014 08:25

Random avatar
zambo
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Internet Radio Stations in Volumio

Postby buzzny » Sat Jun 28 2014 18:38

Thanks Zambo for the Italian stations!
Have you been able to do "Radio Capital Classic rock" out of Italy? (capital.it/capital/webradio/capital-classic-rock).

#1Pi w/Wolfson Volumio on old Sansui AU-9900, Polk Audio Monitor Series 5, JBL PSW-D110.

#2Pi XBIAN (XBMC) on Yamaha RX-V661, Sony GoogleTV NSX-46GT1, Infinity IL30, Paradigm PDR-100

#3Pi PrivateEyePi Monitoring my Brewhouse!

#4Pi Using for development;)
Random avatar
buzzny
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby hoeffel » Mon Jul 07 2014 19:46

Hello,

If yoy need radio stations, you can also install Cantata for Windows. Cantata is ment as a GUI with MPD on PC. But you can use this beatifull program to connect to Volume MPD as an GUI/Player. The nice thing that it has a complete list of radio stations (11 portals), enough I assume.

This beside the fantastic Volumio WebGUI and all the Apps for Ipad and Android. I love BubbleUPnP (Android) to control all my devices and Nas. For Ipad there is f.i. PlugPlayer.

Harold
Random avatar
hoeffel
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby MartinT » Sat Aug 09 2014 10:31

Thank you jansandred for the great playlist and advice on how to format them. I am finally listening to Radio Paradise at high bitrate - excellent!
MartinT
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby bayross » Thu Oct 16 2014 11:21

Hello, I converted an *.asx file to .pls (manually) following the pls format that contains streams to BBC Radio 1 which points to mms://bbcradio.co.uk....... When i start playing the stream it works but it is choppy at the start. I noticed when i viewed the screen via HDMI that everytime it writes the line "setting stream to 0" there is a short pause. Any tips or solutions to resolve this? I tried both wired and wireless so its not a speed issue at the network layer.

my PLS file:
[playlist]
numberofentries=32
File1=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
File2=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl0
File3=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw0
File4=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw0
File5=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw1
File6=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw1
File7=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl1
File8=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl1
File9=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl1
File10=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl1
File11=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw1
File12=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw1
File13=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw0
File14=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw0
File15=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
File16=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl0
File17=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
File18=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl0
File19=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw0
File20=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw0
File21=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw1
File22=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw1
File23=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl1
File24=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl1
File25=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl1
File26=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl1
File27=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw1
File28=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw1
File29=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw0
File30=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw0
File31=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
File32=mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl0
Title1=BBC Radio 1

Is it because I set the following to "32" and it should be "1"? numberofentries=32

Garrett
Random avatar
bayross
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby conceptacid » Sat Feb 28 2015 08:56

There is a bunch of great stations called SomaFm. (somafm.com)
conceptacid
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby enkhor » Wed Jun 24 2015 10:52

Sorry for the stupid question but... How can I add those *.pls to the specified folder?
I'm using windows and not be able to see de folder's structure of the Volumio image using Daemon tools or similar, or on the installed image on SD card with a card reader...
enkhor
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby brumey » Wed Jun 24 2015 14:08

enkhor wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but... How can I add those *.pls to the specified folder?
I'm using windows and not be able to see de folder's structure of the Volumio image using Daemon tools or similar, or on the installed image on SD card with a card reader...

try exploring your Network

you should find something called volumio in explorerer when clicking to Network

if you click on it there should be 4 Folders

1 of them is called Webradio Stations (or somethign like that)

in this Folder you can find all the *.pls files

adding a *.pls file and doin a database update on volumios web Interface lists the added Radio stations under "Webradio" when you click browse (bottomleft) in the webgui
Random avatar
brumey
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby jansandred » Fri Jul 10 2015 13:16

I updated the files in the Dropbox folder. Fixed some broken links.
Random avatar
jansandred
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Angelo » Tue Nov 10 2015 17:13

Hello everyone,
I can't get this link to work...

Radio Deejay:
http://mp3.kataweb.it:8000/RadioDeejay

All the others I added are working perfectly.

it makes a continuos dirty noise and that's all.
Are you able to play it in your Volumio?
Is it a MPC problem? But then why only this link?
Random avatar
Angelo
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

PreviousNext

Return to Diy and Tweaks