[Guide] Install Squeezelite on Volumio (RaspPi)

Guides to let you easily discover and enjoy Volumio

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby malina » Tue Feb 09 2016 10:09

Hi Everyone!
I try to create my multiroom audio system with airplay for each zone and I tryed Squeezebox with airplay plugin installed, but it is very unstable. So I'm interesting in this topic. Those who installed squeezelite on Volumio, tell me please, how squeezelite works with airplay? If on Raspberry Pi with Volumio and squeezelite I'm playing squeezelite stream from Deezer and than start to stream music from my iPhone to the same Raspberry Pi, what happened? Squeezelite will be paused? Or Muted? Or Squeezelite and airplay will be play simultaneously?
When I disconnect Airplay what happens? And how stable is this airplay connection?
Random avatar
malina
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby meckatzermichel » Tue Mar 15 2016 21:09

Hi there,
I'm new to Volumio and the multiroom-thing and LMS, but have experience in Linux and Raspberry Pi.
So here is my scenario:
My LMS on my Ubuntu-Server is normally not running.
In the kitchen I listen to webradion with the volumio. That's enough for the most days.
But if I'm in the mood to play some of my mp3 to either my raspberry and/or laptop in living room I like to use LMS and squeezeplay.
(I start the server with a wol.cmd, works well).
So what I didn't understand, how can I switch my Volumio to use the LMS.

You install squeezelite on the Volumio. So I stop the webradio in Volumio, start my server and squeezelite automatically connects? Or have start Squeeze with a seperate app???
Didn't catch that exactly.

Thanks for a bit help
Michael
Random avatar
meckatzermichel
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby gchip7groundie » Wed May 16 2018 18:25

newbie here... just got ALLO DigiOne player and have installed the plugin, squeezelite.
so how do i play the darn thing?
where is the UI?

my LMS is running on a NAS.
i have used SqueezePlayer in the past, so i suppose my question is
where is its equivalent on Volumio?
i thought squeezelite was it.

please advise...
hong
Random avatar
gchip7groundie
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat