how can remove "Chromium didn't shut down correctly"

Hi all,

this is my setup :
Raspberry P3 model B
16 GB Samsung Evo plus SD
waveshare 4 inch Capacitive Touch Screen 800 x 480 HDMI TFT LCD
volumio-2.344-2017-12-16-pi.img

When switch off by power, “Chromium didn’t shut down correctly” massage display on the screen.
How can do not working it?
if i modify the volumiokiosk.sh file, “Chromium can not be run as root.” massage box happen.

Happens on 25% of boots for me too. RPi3 is always correctly shutdown via volumio > settings > SHUTDOWN > Power Off. Doesn’t seem to cause problems, just a noisy messagebox.

Greetings,
Posted this under another topic before I saw this message. Sorry for the double post, but it fits here better.

I was getting the “Chromium didn’t shut down correctly” message at startup, too. It is coming from the “exit_type” and “exited_cleanly” fields within Chromium’s Preferences file. It is located in “/data/volumiokiosk/Default”.

Had seen post elsewhere that said to use sed in a startup script to change [b]"exit_type": "Crashed" to"exit_type": "None"[/b] and [b]"exited_cleanly": false to "exited_cleanly": true[/b].  This would not work for me for some reason I can't figure out.

However, simply deleting the Preferences file does the trick.  If Chromium does not find the file it will create a new one with the default values.

Rather than create a new startup script, I modified "[b]volumiokiosk.sh[/b]" in "[b]/opt[/b]" by placing "[b]rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences[/b]" after the line "[b]xset 0 0 120[/b]" and before "[b]open-sission &"[/b].  See below.

#!/bin/bash
xset +dpms
xset s blank
xset 0 0 120
rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
openbox-session &

while true; do
/usr/bin/chromium-browser \
–disable-pinch \
–kiosk \
–no-first-run \
–disable-3d-apis \
–disable-breakpad \
–disable-crash-reporter \
–disable-infobars \
–disable-session-crashed-bubble \
–disable-translate \Greetings,
I was getting the “Chromium didn’t shut down correctly” message at startup, too. It is coming from the “exit_type” and “exited_cleanly” fields within Chromium’s Preferences file. It is located in “/data/volumiokiosk/Default”.

Had seen post elsewhere that said to use sed in a startup script to change [b]"exit_type": "Crashed" to"exit_type": "None"[/b] and [b]"exited_cleanly": false to "exited_cleanly": true[/b].  This would not work for me for some reason I can't figure out.

However, simply deleting the Preferences file does the trick.  If Chromium does not find the file it will create a new one with the default values.

Rather than create a new startup script, I modified "[b]volumiokiosk.sh[/b]" in "[b]/opt[/b]" by placing "[b]rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences[/b]" after the line "[b]xset 0 0 120[/b]" and before "[b]open-sission &"[/b].  See below.

#!/bin/bash
xset +dpms
xset s blank
xset 0 0 120
rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
openbox-session &

while true; do
/usr/bin/chromium-browser \
–disable-pinch \
–kiosk \
–no-first-run \
–disable-3d-apis \
–disable-breakpad \
–disable-crash-reporter \
–disable-infobars \
–disable-session-crashed-bubble \
–disable-translate \
–user-data-dir=’/data/volumiokiosk’
–no-sandbox
localhost:3000
done

I was also having an issue with the album covers not changing while being stuck on one cover. This turned out to be an issue with Chromium not flushing the cache. Adding “rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Cache/*” in the same place corrected this issue.
–user-data-dir=’/data/volumiokiosk’
–no-sandbox
localhost:3000
done

I was also having an issue with the album covers not changing while being stuck on one cover. This turned out to be an issue with Chromium not flushing the cache. Adding “rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Cache/*” in the same place corrected this issue.

ciao.potete darmi il comando completo ?non so come accedere al file
grazie

sono riuscito con" sudo nano /opt/volumiokiosk.sh"
ma il messaggio "chromium non si e chiuso correttamente "rimane sempre.anche se lo spengo correttamente.
aiuto

Please use english as a discussion language.
If this is too difficult, don’t give up.
You can always use the google translator to translate from italian.
That may not be perfect but works pretty well most of the time:

I managed with “sudo nano /opt/volumiokiosk.sh”
but the message “chromium has not been properly closed” remains always. even if I turn it off correctly.
Help

hi. can you give me the complete command? I do not know how to access the file
thank you

Hi,

For me also it’s happen 80% on the boot, just before the start of the “touch display” : a little window appears: “Chromium didn’t shut down correctly” "Restore ? " , I click on the button “restore” and I access to the touch display of VOLUMIO…

Is there a “workaround” ?
To remove the plug in “touch ui” and reinstall it?

• RPI 3B+
    -official touch screen 7 " of Raspberry

Many thanks…

my friend knows that this error we must keep.io I followed the guide and I had to reinstall volumio.ho did the update but nothing.volumio subkey always displays chromium error. the only way and shut down safely. from interface or with buttons. but I risk keeping the raspberry in stanby and unloading the battery. I do not run it for domestic and perfect use.