HiFIBerry Digi+ Pro and Allo DigiOne Volumio special Version

Volumio portings supported by community members

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Conguisomatore » Mon Jun 12 2017 12:53

michelangelo wrote:This is an experimental version of Volumio with support for:
- HiFIBerry Digi+ Pro
- Allo DigiOne

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumione ... pi.img.zip

Some things to note:
- The OTA update will not work with this. It is completely detached from the ordinary Volumio version, so don't expect any update, and use the OTA at your own risk
- The HiFIBerry Digi+ Pro will be automatically enabled if connected, no need to enable I2S DACs. Just go to Playback Options and select HiFIBerry Digi+ Pro from the output device menu.
For best quality don't use Software Mixer Control (although it works)
- To enable Allo DigiOne go to Playback Options and enable i2s DACs, then select Allo DigiOne, click save and reboot
- This build uses an experimental new kernel, so please if you notice weird behaviour report to us in this thread. It will be very important for us to receive feedbacks

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot it works perfectly now !!! I'm happy getting back with Volumio, Volumio missed me since I've bought Digi+ Pro two months ago. Thanks for your good work, greatly appreciated !

:)
Conguisomatore
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Vhond » Wed Jun 14 2017 11:20

Is Shairport Sync also included in this release or is it still the 'standard' Shairport package?
Random avatar
Vhond
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby michelangelo » Wed Jun 14 2017 11:26

Shairport sync is included by default both in standard Volumio and this version as well
michelangelo
Founder

Postby Vhond » Wed Jun 14 2017 12:25

ok, thx I will download and test it in a few days when I have some spare time 8-)
Random avatar
Vhond
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby joseph2 » Wed Jun 14 2017 23:10

Hello,
thank you very much for the work done, having to flash the card and to put the settings parameters to volumio is so easy that it is little work for the result obtained.
Random avatar
joseph2
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby michel8166 » Tue Jun 20 2017 19:32

Update I also tested the dac Audio-GD NFB-1 (2015) and it sounds even better :D both usb and hifiberry digi + pro where the digi + pro sounds better than usb is my experience.
raspberry pi 3b+ - allo isolator - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby Vhond » Thu Jun 22 2017 11:41

First try it was ok, but after adjusting some settings I couldn't connect to the streamer anymore (using Airplay/Shairport).

I had to reinstall the image on the SD card to get connected again.

I don't know whether Shairport OR Shairport Sync was in use? Shairport is not as stable as Shairport sync (the same experience with Runeaudio beta which uses Shairport instead of Shairport Sync. Moodeaudio is not a problem which uses Shairport Sync only).

In addition I found it regrettable I couldn't configure kernel settings for better sound performance.

Keep on the good work!
Random avatar
Vhond
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby Caudio12 » Tue Jun 27 2017 16:27

Problem with Plugins
Installed the new version 2.203 and it works fine with the HiFiBerry Digi+ PRO card. Excellent ! Back to Volumio from Rune.
I have a test set-up with 3 buttons and LCD, using the Plugins:
1) GPIO Buttons Controller
2) Raspdac V3 Plugin
The set-up worked fine with Rasp2 running Volumio2, standard version. Both buttons and LCD worked fine, no problem.
The final goal is to built a Media player with linear power supply, (3.3 and 5.0 V), LCD and some buttons on the front panel to make it look nice. The DAC is AMB Gamma3.

Installed both plugins.
switch on (1), works fine; pause, forward, back, no problem.
switch on (2), the titel flash on to the LCD display, and after say 3 seconds the Volumio freeze.
The LCD is using the following GPIO: rs: 7, e: 8, data: [25, 24, 23, 27] (Default settings)
The GPIO buttons, using: GPIO: 26, 15 , 14

Any idea why this happens, have now made three tests, same result each time.
/CJ
Raspberry Pi 3b - HiFiberry digi+ Pro, DAC AMB Gamma 3, Amplifier NAD C375BEE, Loudspeakers Audiovector SR6A
Random avatar
Caudio12
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby birdybuitenhuis » Wed Jun 28 2017 09:21

Hi,
And if I would like to logon on this image using SSH, which account name and password should I use then?
Thanks in advance.
Birdy
Random avatar
birdybuitenhuis
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby michelangelo » Wed Jun 28 2017 09:23

FOA, we use shairport-sync. Could you share more informations about the custom code you're using?
michelangelo
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Community portings