HifiBerry Amp2 , playback fails

My first volumio set up was problem-free; in my second I’m encountering some fairly severe problems.
Hardware: Rastberry Pi 3B with a HifiBerry Amp2 HAT
Software: volumio updated (via manual apt upgrade) after initial install from: volumio-2.699-2020-01-20-pi.img

The most severe problem is that audio playback is impossible. The hardware setup seems OK because when the system boots
I hear the system wake-up jingle just fine, But audio playback (of web radio and from an NFS share that I can see is successfully mounted) produces silence.

The problem at least in part is with MPD because when I look at /var/log/volumio, I see:

• error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
    -error MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:6600

Further, when I tried to restart MPD to maybe get past this error, the restart fails and:

sudo systemctl status mpd.service
    ● mpd.service - Music Player Daemon
        Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mpd.service; enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2020-02-16 23:18:05 UTC; 50s ago
       Docs: man:mpd(1)
       man:mpd.conf(5)
      Process: 1471 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mpd --no-daemon (code=exited, status=127)
      Main PID: 1471 (code=exited, status=127)

Feb 16 23:18:05 kitchen mpd[1471]: /usr/bin/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libbcm_host.so: cannot open shared object file:       
   No such file or directory
  Feb 16 23:18:05 kitchen systemd[1]: mpd.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
  Feb 16 23:18:05 kitchen systemd[1]: Failed to start Music Player Daemon.
  Feb 16 23:18:05 kitchen systemd[1]: Unit mpd.service entered failed state.

I’d really appreciate any advice you might have,

Jim

Replying to myself because I seem to have fixed the issue by manually installing an apparently missing symbolic link, as described in the thread here:

mpd-broken-volumio-t11545.html

So far all seems to be working as it is supposed to,

Jim