GPIO Pins to control volume

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby juanitomaille » Wed Mar 14 2018 14:47

Yes, I'm affraid of that :|

I downloaded pintest utility from wiringPi package, but no problem detected...
Random avatar
juanitomaille
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby andymw » Sat Apr 14 2018 12:58

I struggled with using a cheap KY040 rotary encoder using the rotary encoder plug-in with all sorts of spurious changes to volume and button presses. I didn't want to de-bounce the switch in hardware, so created the very simple python script below which I launch at boot time. Does the job and uses approx 1% CPU on a Pi 3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
script.png
script.png (26.37 KiB) Viewed 5227 times
Random avatar
andymw
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby angelo.b » Sat Feb 23 2019 20:28

I have installed a cheap rotary encoder. the gui .ma plugin does not work. It is very irregular. I turn the volume up and after two clicks instead of getting up, it goes down again. I see that encoder has 3 resistors on its board. but I have heard of condenser between clk and gnd. e possible? tell me how to do in a week the khadas tone board arrives and I would like the volume control to work
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby angelo.b » Sun Apr 14 2019 11:44

Is it possible to turn off and on again using the button without removing power?
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby roscored » Sat Jun 22 2019 04:45

I was under the impression that you could use GPIO 13 to the SW of the encoder and via the plugin for the rotary encoder using the drop down activate the SW so that it would do something? I have had no success with that, good luck and hope you have success. I have been able to control the volume but nothing else happens
Random avatar
roscored
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Previous

Return to Help