Experimental Volumio Build for Raspberry PI 4

Here you can find all important communications from Volumio's staff

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Re: Experimental Volumio Build for Raspberry PI 4

Postby michel8166 » Thu Nov 14 2019 23:15

I'm going to try this tomorrow ..... I do give feedback about how this works / sounds. I also try with an allo isolator in between.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk
raspberry pi 4b 2gb - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Experimental Volumio Build for Raspberry PI 4

Postby michel8166 » Fri Nov 15 2019 13:21

avangerx wrote:Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work! I was wondering has anybody tried and got any issues RPI4 Volumio release with Allo Kali Reclocker and Allo Piano 2.1 setup? Cheers!

okay i have tried the raspberry pi 4b-2gb model with kali reclocker with the allo piano 2.1 on top.
and I have to admit that there is slightly less detail present and less pronounced sound compared to the raspberry p3 b +.

the video below of hans beekhuyzen also confirms this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqEPyMr1zI

furthermore the piano 2.1 only works on dual stereo and only on the outputs of sub-left and sub-right.
on dual mono I only get sound from the right sub-output ....... so stereo left does not work at all.
I don't know why that is......maybe my kali reclocker is broken and therefore the left stereo outputs do not work.

the raspberry pi 4b with only the piano 2.1 works great with both dual stereo and dual mono.
raspberry pi 4b 2gb - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Previous

Return to Staff comunications