5" Elecrow Touch screen and volumio setup!!

here is how to setup touch control on using raspberry PI and 5" elecrow touch screen.

Took me a while to figure this out and ill assume you know the SD card setup and how to login into volumio and access via webpage…

i used lemon-ssh for this on my android, probably easier on a pc using putty ssh etc.

SSH is not enabled by default even in volumio, so we need to enable it,

Enter the following into your browser: http: //volumio.local/DEV or your ip of your volumio device eg 192.178.255.23/dev

hit ENABLE (just once)10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com

in a browser type volumio.local/ or ip address of device

select plugins and under millca choose 7" touch screen plugin Wait for the download and install can take a little bit of time here.

install these fonts via ssh sudo apt-get install fonts-ipafont NEXT sudo nano /boot/config.txt

in this file add this to the bottom line i made the effort of formatting excatly like this, as when i pasted this on phone it just made 1 long line (which im not sure if it needs to be or not)

uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (here we are forcing 800x480!)

hdmi_group = 2
hdmi_mode = 87
hdmi_cvt = 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
dtoverlay = ads7846, cs = 1, penirq = 25, penirq_pull = 2, speed = 50000, keep_vref_on = 0, swapx $
display_rotate = 0
framebuffer_width = 800
framebuffer_height = 480

5inch HDMI LCD with Touch Panel XPT2046 (SPI, IRQ = GPIO25, CE1)

enable SPI

dtparam = spi = on
next make this directory via ssh again sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ NEXT sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

in this file add this

Section “InputClass”

Identifier “calibration”

MatchProduct “ADS7846 Touchscreen”

Option “Calibration” “208 3905 288 3910”

Option “SwapAxes” “0”

EndSection

Thank you very much for this excellent guide.

I’d like to ask a followup question: my understanding is that this device works as a touch screen only when it is
attached directly to the Pi, not when it is connected via the HDMI port (the manufacturer’s descriptions are not
the clearest though). If that is the case, do you happen to know if it is possible to attach the screen directly
if the Pi already has a HifiBerry DAC attached to it? Since the DAC uses up all of the GPIO pins I’m betting the answer must be `no’.

Thank you,

Jim