Durio Sound vs. Audiophonics ES9023 TCXO

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Durio Sound vs. Audiophonics ES9023 TCXO

Postby jwhitmor » Sun Dec 01 2019 21:24

OK, old thread, but I thought I would add my two cents worth. I bought a Durio Sound Pro V5.0 "a while back". Never a complaint, loved the detailed sound. I accidentally dropped it moving equipment, and damaged the DC power jack. Swapped it out with "whatever" I had lying around on the bench. An Asian, unbranded, "ES9018K2M". I had previously upgraded the budget supplied Op-Amp to a OPA1692. Seemed "OK" sounding, nothing great. Vinyl sounded much better than the Asian DAC. Once again re-configuring my system, I saw the the unused Durio Sound Pro, and remembered it could be powered with an AC transformer instead of a DC supply, because it had a high grade power supply circuit built into the Pro version. I outfitted it with a 9 Volt 1.1 Amp AC transformer. I hooked it up again to test, and it "blew my socks off." High Def. Audio Files are so detailed and dynamic, I am once again enjoying critical listening. My guess is the inter-modulation distortion has dropped quite a lot, because all of the instruments are very well defined again. This is not the comparison you asked for, but it is a vote for Durio Sound as a great DAC.
Random avatar
jwhitmor
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Previous

Return to DACs