Distortion with Thinker Board S + Dragonfly Black

Hello,

I have used Volumio + RPi + Dragonfly Black for some time and have been very happy with this. Thanks for the SW!

Now I have upgraded to Volumio + Thinker Board S + Dragonfly Black and it is very distorted.
Config: TBS + Volumio@SD + ASUS AL case + ASUS Power, 1G Ethernet, Music on NAS with Minimserver (controlled by BubbleDS)

• Volumio + RPi + Dragonfly Black is working great so SW support and Dragonfly should be ok
  • Analog out from Thinker Board S is good so I think the setup is fine, but switching to dragonfly gives very distorted and noisy sound (VERY bad)

Maybe its not a bug but somthing I have missed, if so I´m very happy for suggestions!

:slight_smile:

Hi,

I experienced exactly the same. same setup volumio on tinkerboard S with USB dragonfly black DAC. Sharp squeals and feedback. Not good !

I tried different audio settings and often no sound come out also. software volume control seems to be an issue, or the ALSA support of USB Audio is problematic ??? …

Blair

Ok, so then it is not only me having a problem with this. I also tried to tweak the settings but it didnt help.

I´m a bit surprized that USB audio is not standardized and you need specific drivers (or something) for each “USB HUB HW” (ATB, Pi etc…) and USB DAC. Since PRIMO is using Tinker Board S I thought support of USB DACs should be easier, but you learn everyday.

Any plans to add support for more USB DACs with Tinker Board? Is it the same problem for x86?

D