CIFS mounting fails on Synology, worked before

Need help with MyVolumio? That's the place to get help and support (MYVOLUMIO ONLY)

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby Galf » Wed Aug 14 2019 09:56

This question may have been answered before but a quick search didn't reveal an applicable thread. Sorry If I missed it.

I didn't use my Pi-3 wth Volumio (pre- and latest version) for a month or two. Previously it worked perfectly with some network shares mounted on an up-to-date Synology DS215+ with SMB 2 and 3. Network-settings have not been changed.

After switching on all mounts stay disconnected whatever I try. I enabled all versions of SMB (1 to 3 and large MTU) on the NAS for troubleshooting. Preferably I would like to skip SMB 1 for security reasons.

Adding vers=1.0, vers=2.0, vers=2.1, vers=3.0 to the advanced options all fail with an error message that flashes quickly:
Error adding networkstation (115): Operation now in progress. Please refer to bla bla.

Then I updated to the latest version (with Pi-4 support) and went through the same stages. Rebooted NAS several times. Problems only from Volumio not being able to connect to the mount points.

I tried mounting with a different user account (verified working from Windows and Android) but to no avail.
I tried
Searched for ages on Google and Bing, no solution, my Volumio, at least network mounting functionality has died on me...

Only means to play music now is adding a big USB-drive until I can fix the connection to my NAS. What I am missing is some 'Disconnect' or 'Reconnect' option in the mounting section, all you can do now is completely remove a mount or edit something first.

Any suggestions?
Random avatar
Galf
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby chsims1 » Thu Aug 15 2019 09:06

Try generating a system log to see exactly what the error message says.
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? Docs?
chsims1

Return to MyVolumio Help and Support