Busybox issue: sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby lazytiger » Tue Apr 16 2019 13:54

I download it the 'volumio-2.565-2019-03-12-pi.img', but burn it into a USB disk.
Plug it in and power on, system report this issue.

Can anyone help me why and how? My USB disk is sandisk 8GB.
Random avatar
lazytiger
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby ashthespy » Tue Apr 16 2019 15:24

Don't think the pi supports USB boot (yet) - you need to burn a SD card and boot your pi from that.
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby PaulM » Wed Apr 17 2019 20:20

Incorrect. The Raspberry Pi 3 models support full USB boot without SD card, *if* it is correctly enabled.
For other models it is possible to use a modified bootcode.bin on the microSD and then also fully boot from an attached USB drive (I have one Pi running stable like that). This latter option only works with one drive attached though.

@lazytiger:
If it's your first time trying Volumio, maybe it's easy to start with an SD card first to make sure everything works? I know theoretically should work the same, but one can never be sure.
Random avatar
PaulM
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby ashthespy » Thu Apr 18 2019 09:14

ashthespy wrote:Don't think the pi supports USB boot (yet) - you need to burn a SD card and boot your pi from that.

PaulM wrote:Incorrect. The Raspberry Pi 3 models support full USB boot without SD card, *if* it is correctly enabled.

Sure - I meant the (off the shelf) Volumio distribution and not the actual hardware.
ashthespy
Objectivist
Objectivist

Return to Help