Bit Rate Display

Hi

A display of the bit rate of the current track or streaming radio station please :slight_smile:

1 Like

A great idea!!

Yes!

It would be great to add streaming information also when Volumio acting as DLNA\UPNP renderer.
Now there is totally no information and just empty screen in WebUI while DLNA streaming.

Very frustrating such an “audiophile” player did’nt provide the basic information :frowning:

Good point

Would also be good to have it displayed when selecting from the list of radio stations. For example in MusicBee, I find it handy to sort by bitrate and pick a station with the best.

To extract the bitrate of each played song (webradio, dnla, spotify,etc) you can use:

/proc/asound/cardX/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

(Set cardX to your card number e.g card1)

[code]$ cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S24_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 4410
buffer_size: 22050

$ grep ‘^format’ /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params | cut -c 10-11
$ grep ‘^rate’ /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params | cut -c 7-11
44100[/code]
20180108_002348~01.jpg

I was just about to put up a new post on this subject and found this one. This would be really helpful.

trigger-gg’s method works, I’m sure, but it beyond me. It would be great to have the web radio bitrate, bit depth and any other key data (stream type?) displayed. Ideally it would look like the display shown when a local music file is played.

Thanks! Volumio rocks!

This would be great to have indeed. To see the kbps of the stream.

+1

+1

This makes a lot of sense, great idea.

+1

Definitely would be nice.

Having bit rate display is very much needed.

Adding my +1 vote.

1 Like

Indeed, including live bitrate updates for VBR (not just an average value) and a fix for the infamous 16bits MP3s issue, still mislabelled as being 24bits

+1

1 Like

Yes please make it possible to collect instantaneous bitrate in Volumio :slight_smile: and please make it possible to collect this from the player state at volumio.local/dev/

/Mikkel

1 Like

+1

Yes, great idea!!

+1