audio gd NFB-1 2015 + allo isolator + kali i2s reclocker

DACs and Wireless Dongle Compatibility Thread. Post wether a particular device is working or not in Volumio

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby michel8166 » Fri Jun 22 2018 09:06

allo isolator + kali i2s reclocker input i2s audio gd NFB-1 2015 model

this combination works perfectly.

note! make sure that the switch on the allo isolator is on slave mode and put i2s output device in voumio on dac model on R-PI dac.
and separately give 5 volts for the raspberry pi and 5 volts for the kali reclocker and make sure the jumper is on.

I used a 30 cm long rj45 cat 5 cable.

I also connected the mclk signal to the audio gd nfb-1 015 dac.

note! if that does not work cut the mclk cable in the audio gd dac and make a ground connection, see also link diy audio gd.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/I2Skits/I2SEN.htm

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB12015/NFB12015EN.htm

https://volumio.org/product/allo-kali-i2s-reclocker/

https://www.allo.com/sparky/isolator.html

kali reclocker audio gd dac NFB-1 2015, i2s conections.

kali---pin 12 BCLK------------- on audio gd----pin 5: SCLK
--------pin 35 LRCLK----------- on---------------- pin 3: LRCK
--------pin 29 MCLK------------ on---------------- pin 7 : MCLK
-------pin 40 DATA------------ on-----------------pin 1: SDATA
-------pin 39 GND------------- on----------------pin 8: GND

raspberry pi 3b+ - allo isolator - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby michel8166 » Fri Jun 22 2018 09:56

here some pictures of my self made streamer :D

the case made of aluminum tear plate with an official 7 inch raspberry pi touchsceen with a usb entrance at the front.

raspberry pi 3b+ - allo isolator - kali reclocker, allo piano 2.1, raspberry pi official 7-inch touch screen, Heed luna pre + Q-psu power supply, Bryston 7b-nrb mono blocks, Spendor Sp7/1 loudspeakers
michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby michel8166 » Tue Jan 15 2019 12:48

recently everything in a different box built in, only the aluminum edge nicely finishing.
in the future I will use even better linear power supplies.
there will be a coax input to use a hifiberry digi + pro.

michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Postby michel8166 » Wed Aug 07 2019 08:15

In the meantime I changed my setup, I sold the audio gd (i2s constantly gave a plop with start and stop music) an allo piano 2.1 came back for it.
built everything in a new cabinet and added an r-core and toroidal transformer and provides the new studer900 regulator with power.
also a 5 volt 3 amp regultor for the raspberry pi 3b + gets power from the r-core transformer.

the setup now consists of raspberry pi 3b + / allo isolator / kali reclocker / allo pioano 2.1.

now sounds similar to audio gd with i2s.

michel8166
Audiophile
Audiophile

Return to Compatibility List