Allo Piano Dac 2.1 first impressions

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby JosV » Tue Apr 10 2018 13:02

chsims1 wrote:Is this on a RPi, and if so may be related to the recent problem with 24bit and the latest RPi kernel?

Yep, RPi 2. I think it has indeed to do with that item. The Allo support employee mentioned "On New kernel 4.14.2x or above S24_LE (24 bit) not supported by KALI" No idea what he means with that....
Random avatar
JosV
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby chsims1 » Tue Apr 10 2018 13:49

It would appear that the latest Raspberry Pi Foundation kernel has a regression; we await a new kernel :) (not something controlled by Volumio).
New to Volumio? Please read the Quick Start Guide to get your system up and running :). FAQs? PM me if you want one adding.
chsims1

Postby JoeVolumio » Wed Apr 18 2018 08:57

michelangelo wrote:Yes, I already made the mod that allows to have both volumes controlled simoultaneously... I am really looking forward to release a fully Piano 2.1 compatible image (with DSPs, crossover frequencies etc)... We are stuck at the moment because we need a GPL compatible license for this part...

Hi. I used a version of Volumio from Nov 2017
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with a Allo Piano 2.1 and a Kali Reclocker installed was working added the Equalizer Plugin Was working. Decided to take things apart rebuild it again Not Working.

Downloaded New Image of Volumio March 2018 Flashed MicroSD Card, set it up as per instructions, plugged in Ethernet, USB with Music, MicroSD with Image plugged in the Raspberry Pi booted up, I could hear the Boot Up Sound play, configured the software for my Allo Piano DAC 2.1 A CLEAN INSTALL :evil: and all I hear is WHITE NOISE, I try different music, different USB drives, Web Radio...everything is WHITE NOISE... :evil:

WTF is going on here???
Random avatar
JoeVolumio
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby michelangelo » Wed Apr 18 2018 09:46

See reply here:
white-noise-t9738.html#p47863

Warn you: use irrespective language again or write any other multiple post and you'll be banned. This is a civilized place and will remain so
michelangelo
Founder

Postby snuka » Sat Apr 21 2018 12:22

the software is fRee.. don't feel obliged to use it :D
Last edited by snuka on Sun Apr 22 2018 10:56, edited 2 times in total.
snuka
Audiophile
Audiophile

Re: Allo Piano Dac 2.1 first impressions

Postby marcellom » Sat Apr 21 2018 13:13

Boys, i had the white noise problem after last update.
Rpi3, Kali, piano 2.1 dual mono.
A factory reset solved the problem.. for me :)
Edit: This is not really so.. i have the w. n. problem too.
A special thanks to Volumio team for their hard work!
marcellom
Objectivist
Objectivist

Postby wabe » Mon May 21 2018 19:30

Just received my Kali+Piano 2.1 combo. Had problems with ”white noise” but found the solution on this forum (upsample to 32-bit). After this fix (should really be included in the package), I’m delighted with the sound result!
Voices are very natural and the resolution is great!
Random avatar
wabe
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby antisoshal » Mon Dec 10 2018 20:58

michelangelo wrote:Yes, I already made the mod that allows to have both volumes controlled simoultaneously... I am really looking forward to release a fully Piano 2.1 compatible image (with DSPs, crossover frequencies etc)... We are stuck at the moment because we need a GPL compatible license for this part...

I suspect this answers my questions: I bought the Piano 2.1 when I read that it can have separate outputs with a crossover. The sales web page really didn't indicate this was currently not plausible unless you take the lengthy step of trying to declare yourself a TI developer and learn the programming language. Is there currently NO way to set a crossover frequency between the two outputs? Im not even sure I understand what the exatct purpose of the "subwoofer mode" choice is at this point. I can't find any coherent documentation with details on the various settings for the Piano mean. Anyone have a link or a file that makes this make sense?
Random avatar
antisoshal
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby gkkpch » Tue Dec 11 2018 22:01

the issue might be a different one, as the Allo Piano 2.1 has performed very well as published.
Could you tell us which board (PI or Sparky) you are usingn and which version of the software?
There were reports of Allo Piano 2.1 not working with the latest Volumio version (under investigation) so we need to clear that first.
Volumio OS Developer

You like my work? Then what about buying me a beer :)
gkkpch

Postby angelo.b » Tue Jan 22 2019 11:53

hi I would like to know if there are developments. I would like to exploit the 2.1 plan to make a two-way system more sub in the car by eliminating the dsp audison bit ten and thus exploit all the quality of the dac con volumio.but I need to know if the volumes are now separate and if the dsp functions inside the dac on the 2.1 floor have been implemented in volumio. I need a multi-channel dsp solution and say goodbye to the commercial dsp. I hope in an answer .thanks to everyone
Random avatar
angelo.b
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

PreviousNext

Return to DACs