Allo DigiOne: No sound after cable change or amp switch.

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby allo » Tue Dec 05 2017 15:02

All new Digiones that we are selling on our website are version 1.2. No more shutdown if you have a dirty ground. Same jitter and noise on output
Random avatar
allo
Objectivist
Objectivist

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby adewitte » Sun Apr 14 2019 11:14

I know this is an old topic, but I still want to respond.

I have been a digione user from the first hour, and bought it directly from Allo. Very satisfied and recommended it to friends.
However, the connection sometimes freezes in the past. But at the time I thought this was due to my USB connected HD.

After a time not using digital playback but vinyl only I made several updates in my set-up and also started using the digione again.

Now I find out that every time I turn off my amp, sometimes when i touch it or when i changing cables, the digione freezes. Even sometimes when I switch on other equipment in the house!

I sent Allo an email about it. I received a description with instructions to buy, remove and solder parts myself in an smp print!

In my opinion, this is a cheap and ridiculous solution from a consumer company. The first series is clearly a malfunctioning product that does not do what it should do. That is why they have modified the new boards curcuit they do now sell. The old designs simply cannot be used by many people. Roon forum recently made another report: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-d ... /18564/743

Although it is a very good product, I think Allo should take its responsibility and exchange or take back and modify all faulty boards from first owners at their cost with complaints instead of let their costumers "repair" their design flaw themselves. Thats what a good company should do.

I'm not going to bother soldering in the smd print (too ridiculous for words). Then I just have to hope that it goes well and neatly, need to buy a new smd solderpoint, order resistors, buy flux and smd size solder tin!

I am saying goodbye to the digione and gonne look out for a product that is stable without design faults. I think the Digione you can buy now is stable (the one my frends have are), but I don't buy anything from Allo anymore.
Random avatar
adewitte
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby adewitte » Mon Apr 15 2019 07:58

Update: I dit get a mail from Allo that they will replace the DigiOne.

Very happy with this solution!
Random avatar
adewitte
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Previous

Return to DACs