ALLO Boss

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

ALLO Boss

Postby lillo78 » Mon Feb 27 2017 11:03

Thanks PatrickB , i ask you a further a question at this point my choice is mamberry ls o piano dac 2.1. Help me to choice and finally buy. Thanks
Random avatar
lillo78
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

ALLO Boss

Postby TreveK » Mon Feb 27 2017 12:33

lillo78 wrote:Hello, i wish buy a dac , but i don't know where is the best configuratio between raspberry 3 + mambo berry ls + kali o raspberry 3 + boss dac . The psu is the best ifi power I have read but many people say that allo psu is not bad. Help me to decide between this two configuration, what is the best ? Bossdac o mambo berry o piano 2.1 plus kali. Thanks .

For what it's worth, I have recently set up a Raspberry Pi 2 + Kali + Piano 2.1. Initially, I had also planned to use the ifi 5v power supply, but found that it created a high-pitched whine/buzz in this set-up. The noise disappeared when I switched to using the Allo 5v 3A power supply instead. I got a refund on the ifi power supply.

I chose the Piano 2.1 over the standard Piano (even though I don't need a subwoofer output) as I read that it uses a superior DAC. I am currently running the board in 2.0 mode, but hope to try out the "dual mono" mode (one chip per channel) when it is enabled (due imminently according to Allo).
Random avatar
TreveK
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

ALLO Boss

Postby PatrickB » Mon Feb 27 2017 12:41

lillo78 wrote:Thanks PatrickB , i ask you a further a question at this point my choice is mamberry ls o piano dac 2.1. Help me to choice and finally buy. Thanks
It is a personal preference that only you can make.

Pure tech options based, the 2.1 Piano gives you more features and (as mentioned elsewhere) if the dual mono function becomes available, even more.

But it is up to you :) If you have the oppertunity, listen to both and than decide (or buy both and sell one later on)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Raspberry PI B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ (Audio-GD DAC) and NAD A/V receiver with Dali speakers.
Also working on a Pi 3A+ connected over USB to in-car DSP
PatrickB
Objectivist
Objectivist

ALLO Boss

Postby lillo78 » Tue Feb 28 2017 09:47

Hello PatrickB i have hear a bdt700 panasonic bluray and it sound very good ,that audiophile system kali + piano 2.1 sound better of bdt700. Thanks
Random avatar
lillo78
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

ALLO Boss

Postby albanibr » Fri Mar 03 2017 17:19

Hello,
my BOSS is on the way, posted on 01/03/2017!
But only today I read that the 1st revision would have a small problem. :o :shock:

What is the possibility of receiving a revised board?

Sorry for my poor english! :oops:

Edit:

I was answered as soon as posted!

The discussions on the forum is about Kali and not Boss Dac.

Sorry for the confusion
albanibr
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

ALLO Boss

Postby yoshida » Sat Mar 04 2017 13:09

BOSS arrived.
Raspberry pi 3 worked.
It does not work with Raspberry pi Zero (1.2, 1.3).
However, choosing HiFiBerry DAC + instead of BOSS will produce sound, but it is twice as fast!
Random avatar
yoshida
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

ALLO Boss

Postby michelangelo » Sat Mar 04 2017 14:44

Yep, BOSS works only with PI 2 or PI3.
There are no drivers for earlier versions...
michelangelo
Founder

ALLO Boss

Postby slackuser » Wed Mar 08 2017 20:16

Boss arrived, upgraded volumio to the version from 7th of March and.... doesn't work.
It seems to modules are not loaded automatically. It is not detected in GUI anyhow as an output. How to troubleshoot properly?

-Grzegorz
Random avatar
slackuser
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

ALLO Boss

Postby allo » Wed Mar 08 2017 22:51

Do a fresh install.
Random avatar
allo
Objectivist
Objectivist

ALLO Boss

Postby michelangelo » Wed Mar 08 2017 23:02

slackuser wrote:Boss arrived, upgraded volumio to the version from 7th of March and.... doesn't work.
It seems to modules are not loaded automatically. It is not detected in GUI anyhow as an output. How to troubleshoot properly?

-Grzegorz

Did you enable I2S DACs, select it from i2s DAC menu and reboot?
michelangelo
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to DACs