ALLO Boss

Diy? Low-budget? Esoterics? Let's discuss about DACS!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

ALLO Boss

Postby Silvano17 » Wed Mar 28 2018 06:36

Hi, I recently bought an Allo BOSS Player (Allo BOSS DAC, Raspberry PI 3, Allo Case, Micro SD Card 8GB, 5V 2A Power Supply), which I'm really satisfied with. Volumio is fantastic, it sounds wonderful, but I would like to know if I can keep the connection to the Raspberry, via USB, of an external HD not self-powered or if I have to power it autonomously. Thanks in advance
Random avatar
Silvano17
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

ALLO Boss +Display

Postby Fonzie » Fri Jan 25 2019 10:31

Hello,
I would like to build a player and I sure need one with a Display, touchscreen preferred. The Allo Dacs obviously seem that they do not provide the full range of GPIO Pins. Can I attach any Screen on top of the Boss Player?
Random avatar
Fonzie
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

ALLO Boss +Display

Postby Yatsushiro » Fri Jan 25 2019 14:46

Fonzie wrote:Hello,
I would like to build a player and I sure need one with a Display, touchscreen preferred. The Allo Dacs obviously seem that they do not provide the full range of GPIO Pins. Can I attach any Screen on top of the Boss Player?

If you choose an HDMI screen with a USB interface for the touch (such as Waveshare 5" or 7" etc) then you don't need to go anywhere near the GPIO pins.

https://www.waveshare.com/7inch-hdmi-lcd-c.htm
Random avatar
Yatsushiro
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

ALLO Boss

Postby aconst » Fri Jan 25 2019 15:15

I would use the original Raspberry Pi 7" display.
It works in my IQ Audio stack and does not need the GPIO pins excepting the power supply.
If you can find which of the available pins have the 5 V required you just use the connectors provided with the touch screen.
Random avatar
aconst
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Previous

Return to DACs