Albums with identical titles but different Artist tag

If something seems really buggy, report it here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby ggekiere » Mon Apr 22 2019 21:26

Hi,

I have 2 albums named "Petite Suite" in my library. The first one is tagged with "Alexander Borodin" (Artist), the second one with "Claude Debussy".

When I try to play Debussy's Petite Suite, Volumio plays Borodin's!

Thanks,

Geoffrey.
RaspberryPI 3B+, HifiBerry DAC+ standard
Random avatar
ggekiere
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby PjV » Thu Apr 25 2019 03:16

I see this behaviour too (volumio 2.575) in Browse | Albums.
When you browse to a specific album, you see only the correct tracks, but on adding the album (via add to queue or clear/play), all tracks from all albums matching the album name are added.

Unplugged from Neil Young also adds Unplugged from Alicia Keys and Eric Clapton.
Raspberry Pi 3B+ + Allo DigiOne => Dynaudio AIR 15 + BASE 12
Raspberry Pi Zero-W + Allo DigiOne + FiiO Taishan => JBL 308
Raspberry Pi 3A+ + USB DAC => JBL 305
Random avatar
PjV
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby and! » Fri May 03 2019 15:34

Hi folks,

i have been using volumio for the better part of six months now and so far i have been very pleased to use it. Just recently i came across the following problem.

There are some cases in my music library where different artists have released an album with an identical name (e.g. Grave Digger "The Last Supper" and Belphegor "The Last Supper"). When choosing for example Grave Digger as an artist and then listening to "The Last Supper" in the playlist will be displayed the songs by Grave Digger AND Belphegor. This behavior is reproducible vice versa.

Before creating this bug report I have already searched the forums and found one older bug report describing the same problem: https://forum.volumio.org/same-album-name-different-artists-causes-playlist-problem-t6931.html

I am always using the latest version of volumio on my raspberrypi 3b. I have also tried using another installation of volumio on another microsd card but the aforementioned error also occurs then. My music library is also tagged correctly.

Does anyone possibly have a solution for this or can explain the mechanism that is causing this behavior?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards
Andreas
Random avatar
and!
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby and! » Sat May 04 2019 15:57

Hi folks,

I can also confirm this bug (?).
I am always using the latest version of volumio on my RaspberryPi 3B. Because I have just recently noticed this I can not tell for how long this behaviour of volumio persists.

Edit:
When searching the volumio forums for this issue I found the following post describing the same behaviour:
https://forum.volumio.org/same-album-name-different-artists-causes-playlist-problem-t6931.html

Best regards from Germany
Andreas
Random avatar
and!
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby Pirx » Sun May 05 2019 05:27

We noticed that a few weeks ago -> https://forum.volumio.org/greatest-hits-t12031.html

Regards
Pirx
Pirx
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby and! » Sat Jun 15 2019 09:43

Hi folks,

today I had a look around the volumio github page and stumbled upon the following commit:
https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/pull/1770

Granted that my knowledge of programming is not that great this commit might fix our problem :D

Best regards from Germany
Andreas
Random avatar
and!
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Return to Bug reports