AirPlay volume limited to Volumio UI volume setting

If something seems really buggy, report it here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby mbrennwa » Fri Jan 12 2018 17:01

Problem:
Playback volume with AirPlay is limited to the volume setting in the Volumio Web UI.

Example:
If the volume is set to 25% in the Volumio Web UI, music playback with AirPlay will not go louder than 25%, even if the volume is set to maximum on the AirPlay device.

Expected correct behaviour:
I think the correct behaviour should be that the volume setting of the AirPlay device is independent of the Web UI setting.

This bug is a problem if I listened using Volumio Web UI and left the volume at a very low setting (say 5% or so). My kids will then not be able to set the volume high enough for their purposes from their iPods via AirPlay. They would have to fuss around with a web browser to change the volume in the Web UI, which is not an option (for various reasons).

This issue has already been reported a while back, but it seems nothing has changed since then (see https://volumio.org/forum/#p25133).
Random avatar
mbrennwa
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby mbrennwa » Sun Jan 14 2018 22:03

No one?
Random avatar
mbrennwa
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Postby ata » Wed Jul 10 2019 00:35

I have the same issue.
Random avatar
ata