aiff files with id3v2.4.0 tags not read by volumio

Hi, I have files that are aiff. They are tagged properly including album art. I am using an allo digione with the latest version of volumio. After scanning, volumio does not read the tags of the aiff file - not the artist, not the album name, not the genre. Not the album art as well but that I can work around by placing a jpg file within the same album folder. Could this be a bug?

I came across this old report while trying to figure out the same problem. Added two new aiff albums downloaded from HDTracks to my NAS music library but the tags are not being read by Volumio. Titles are listed, album art exists but everything else is blank. Went back and checked other albums. Anything tagged ID3v2.4 has the same problem.

Removed and re-mounted/re-scanned library but no change
Checked tags with Mp3tag, Bliss and audacity. All OK
Used Mp3tag to change to ID3v2.3 tags but no change. (This doesn’t make sense so I may try it again.)

Raspberry Pi 4 running v2.917
QNAP NAS library mounted with cifs

Any thoughts? Is ID3v2.4 supported?

Peter

I’m having this same issue too… as a test, I changed the ID3 version from 2.4 to 2.3. Still nothing. changed back to 2.4 and converted to FLAC, and after a scan, the files showed up. So I feel like there is an issue with volumio and aiff files

I have the same problem, I’ve tried to extract the album to the directory, the album show up.
But I’ve 2.1T of AIFF files, it will be a tough job to extract the album one by one.
Any solution to let Volumio to read the ID3 cover art by it’s own?