After Update to v2.657, no volume control

Hi all,

After Update to v.2.657, i can’t change the volume anymore in Webinterfaces or in android App.
Any ideas?

Regards, azoui

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
HifiBerry AMP+

Hello, the same thing happens to me, to see if you can help us, thank you …

We are checking. Tested just now hifiberry and it works fine…
Can you show us your playbakc settings?

I think that the problem is from missing hardware mixer type:
volume.jpg

Which device do you use? Can you send screenshot of the first part of the config as well?

Yes, there it is. I use Rpi 3B. On the first screenshot I just click on Audiojack option and she disappeared.
volume2.jpg
volume1.jpg

Thanks, I am trying to replicate the issue

Do you have the equalizer plugin or any other plugin enabled?

No, I have only Youtube plugin installed.

same problem,fixed by reseting the volumio system .But all your files added into system manually would be deleted.

Same problem…

Thanks…

Same with Rasp 3 + Allo Boss

I can confirm that after factory reset and update to latest version, volume works like is suggested. The problem is that all my music is on a home server :laughing:

I also have the same problem after update to 2.657. I have Rpi3 with USB AudioQuest Dragonfly. Really don’t want to do a factory reset. Doesn’t help to use software defined mixer either. Volume is fixed and not adjustable. Any ideas?

volumio.log shows the following when attempting to adjust volume:

2019-10-22T20:48:31.722Z - error: Cannot set ALSA Volume: Error: Alsa Mixer Error: ALSA lib conf.c:3523:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:1373:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:5
amixer: Mixer attach hw:5 error: No such file or directory

Here’s a little more info:

volumio@volumio-2:/var/log$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
ALSA lib conf.c:3523:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:1373:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:0
aplay: device_list:277: control open (0): No such file or directory
card 5: DragonFly [AudioQuest DragonFly], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Just replicated the issue, will have a fix asap

1 Like

Thanks!

@michelangelo, v2.659 fix this?

Hi, been away for a while. Was this issue resolved? Thanks in advance!!

Same issue here.

Configuration:
RPi 2 B
IQaudIO Pi-DigiAmp+
Volumio 2.657
Simple Equalizer plugin installed but not active

In Audio Output under General Playback Options, the Output Device and DAC Model fields are both set to ‘IQaudIO Pi-DigiAmp+’ and I2S DAC is On.
Under Volume Options, the Mixer Type is shown as ‘undefined’ after initial startup, with the options ‘Software’ and ‘None’ shown when the arrow is clicked. (The MIxer Control Name is blank.) After I select Software and Save, I can play music but the volume control on the Playback screen has no effect.
If I manually (re)select ‘IQaudioDAC’ as the Output Device under Audio Output and click Save, the Output Device and DAC Model are again shown as ‘IQaudIO Pi_DigiAmp+’, and under Volume Options the Mixer Type is shown as ‘Hardware’ and the Mixer Control Name is ‘Digital’. With these settings I can again play music, but the volume control on the Playback screen has no effect.

Everything worked fine with a previous version of Volumio (I don’t remember which one) and the above configuration.

Got the hardware-mixer back in 2.668 by installing the package libasound2-plugins. This packages includes libasound_module_conf_pulse.so (use at your own risk)

sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins