Ability to change sort order album and artist lists from ui.

What you want to find in next Volumio release?

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby gloomytunes » Thu Nov 29 2018 13:46

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest the ability to change sort order in the Album & Artist views from the web UI.
To be able to sort albums by Title, Year & Date added should really be a basic out-of-the-box feature. Additionally it would be nice to be able to sort by more nerdy requirements like Play Duration & Bitrate but I don't know if that is metadata stored in Volumio's metadata.

For sorting Artists I think it would be a beneficial feature for some to be able to set the sort order to ignore artifacts such as "The" at the beginning of a name, this is available in Kodi for example.

Cheers
Random avatar
gloomytunes
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby zola25 » Thu Jul 11 2019 11:28

definitely +1 for this. I'm adding albums to volumio favourites from qobuz but the resulting list cant be sorted it just adds by most recent addition first, which will soon make my favourites listing unmanageable!
zola25
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Postby from9to5 » Sun Jul 14 2019 09:22

+1 from me.
I´d like to have a cover wall sorted by publication date. Right now that is the only reason, that I control my player with the MPDroid app. There you have a very nice cover wall sorted by either date or album title. I am often looking for album titles from same decade.
from9to5
Volumio 1.5 CuBox i4Pro + ODAC Rev. A || CubieTruck + ODAC Rev. B
Volumio 2 Pi 3 Model B + ODAC Rev. B
Amp: Harman Kardon HK680, Speakers: Visaton Atlantis (Timmermanns + Crossover Adjustments Walwal)
from9to5
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Return to Suggest a feature